Investor

Explorer I

Marana, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Drown
Member #

I've been having issues with using OB1 on my iPad. When using the map on my iPad I encounter a couple errors.

1. When first opening the map, I get the error "API key provided in request was not found." The map still loads and seems to look normal still except for the next error...

2. When selecting an icon, like a campsite, to get more information on it, it does not bring up any information but gives an error "The location information could not be retrieved. The location(s) may have been removed recently, or there was a connection issue.

I'm not sure if there are more errors that may be encountered because I can't do much else on the map after that. This is all under the "PLAN" tab as well.

You may already be aware of this, but I haven't seen any mention of it yet and would really like to have this working on my iPad! As an additional note, I did delete the app and try to reinstall it but ended up with the exact same results.

Attachments

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I've been having issues with using OB1 on my iPad. When using the map on my iPad I encounter a couple errors.

1. When first opening the map, I get the error "API key provided in request was not found." The map still loads and seems to look normal still except for the next error...

2. When selecting an icon, like a campsite, to get more information on it, it does not bring up any information but gives an error "The location information could not be retrieved. The location(s) may have been removed recently, or there was a connection issue.

I'm not sure if there are more errors that may be encountered because I can't do much else on the map after that. This is all under the "PLAN" tab as well.

You may already be aware of this, but I haven't seen any mention of it yet and would really like to have this working on my iPad! As an additional note, I did delete the app and try to reinstall it but ended up with the exact same results.
I think all of the issues that you mention are due to the first "API key provided in request was not found." issue. If you have not done any "Quick Saves", which save data locally, or are not worried about losing any "Quick Saves" you might try deleting/re-installing the app. I use OB1 nearly exclusively on an iPad and it has been working well - so there is hope ;)

Also, make sure that you have an internet connection and that OB1 is not it offline mode (see app settings). Check out the awesome OB1 tutorial videos that @Michael has been putting together to do a deeper dive into things such as OB1 settings.

Hodgespa

Rank IV
Investor

Explorer I

Marana, AZ, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Drown
Member #

Thanks for the response. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling. Same thing. However, once I logged out and then signed back in again, it is working great now!

So for anyone else that may run into this... it seems that logging out of your account in the app and then logging back in will correct this.

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Agreed @Ubiety - iPad Air 3, wifi only. Works well, but needs the gps connection through another device, otherwise works iPad OS 15.7, OB1 11.11.2

Reactions: Ubiety

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

So for Christmas I purchased a Samsung Tab S6 lite, just for the gps receiver in the snapdragon chip. As a fully committed fruit user (iCloud, mac, iPhone, ipad) that on board gps makes things work much better than pairing my ipad with my iPhone or Garmin inReach.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So for Christmas I purchased a Samsung Tab S6 lite, just for the gps receiver in the snapdragon chip. As a fully committed fruit user (iCloud, mac, iPhone, ipad) that on board gps makes things work much better than pairing my ipad with my iPhone or Garmin inReach.
Absolutely!

Reactions: Kent R

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Just started another thread, my Christmas statement earlier is still great for routes which I alone am using. When I want to join another group trip, getting the trip leaders .gpx into OB1 on my tablet is proving to be a bit of a challenge.