Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yeah, I also updated my app yesterday but can only see the version number on the App info through settings. It says 11.12.2
Thank you! We identified your crash by your Android version number. We see it in our logs, and we know what is causing it. Unfortunately, its new to us - so we need to fix and create a new patch. We'll get it!
Thanks again!

M

Reactions: Pati_ThePathfinder

Enthusiast I

Orhantepe, Kartal/İstanbul, Türkiye
First Name
SAMET
Last Name
ASLAN
OK - another build to try - I would delete current app and then install 11.12.3

Please let me know how it goes!
The problem still occurs. I m sending a crash report through the playstore service. Cant add videos soo I'm also adding the problem as a gif , hope it helps

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The problem still occurs. I m sending a crash report through the playstore service. Cant add videos soo I'm also adding the problem as a gif , hope it helps
Man - stubborn. OK back to the drawing board. The patches definitely helped other folks. I am assuming at the end of the vid it crashes? Hard crash or after you tap a button?

Thank you for your patience!

M

Reactions: Pati_ThePathfinder

Enthusiast I

Orhantepe, Kartal/İstanbul, Türkiye
First Name
SAMET
Last Name
ASLAN
Man - stubborn. OK back to the drawing board. The patches definitely helped other folks. I am assuming at the end of the vid it crashes? Hard crash or after you tap a button?

Thank you for your patience!

M
it automatically crashes. Besides cant click anything

Reactions: Michael

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Can I make a suggestion?

I attempted to use the OB1 app for navigation this weekend, and ran into an issue.

When traveling through public land, and using the adventure map layer, I noticed that it was rather difficult to see my route (imported via gpx) when traveling through blm land.

Notice the lack of contrast between the yellow route and the surrounding blm land.

My suggestion:

Would it be possible to allow us to change the color of the route?

I noticed it was very difficult to see in brighter light, due to the lack of contrast.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Can I make a suggestion?

I attempted to use the OB1 app for navigation this weekend, and ran into an issue.

When traveling through public land, and using the adventure map layer, I noticed that it was rather difficult to see my route (imported via gpx) when traveling through blm land.

Notice the lack of contrast between the yellow route and the surrounding blm land.

My suggestion:

Would it be possible to allow us to change the color of the route?

I noticed it was very difficult to see in brighter light, due to the lack of contrast.
I understand your problem and I think the idea is basically good. But if I'm not wrong, the color marking is depending on the assigned trail rating in the app. So for example green the "easy" grades, amber the "moderate, red the "hard" etc. I just looked at a few gpx racks in the map and there it is like that.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I just added some new ideas to the community feature priority list. @Michael maybe there is something that would be worth implementing?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I understand your problem and I think the idea is basically good. But if I'm not wrong, the color marking is depending on the assigned trail rating in the app. So for example green the "easy" grades, amber the "moderate, red the "hard" etc. I just looked at a few gpx racks in the map and there it is like that.
That's true, and if I click on it, it's green. The problem there is that when navigating the trail, I'm not selecting it, and it displays yellow. Maybe have it display using it's rated color even when it's not selected, and change the thickness of the track to indicate selection? That would solve the problem.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
@Michael Would be nice for the share button to just generate a link copied to the clipboard for pasting in a post or conversation, or prompt to send link to a member or members via the ob1 platforms own messaging option.

Was from another thread, moved here....

Jim

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
That's true, and if I click on it, it's green. The problem there is that when navigating the trail, I'm not selecting it, and it displays yellow. Maybe have it display using it's rated color even when it's not selected, and change the thickness of the track to indicate selection? That would solve the problem.
Ya, this could occur if there are multiple track on the same location. I’ll look into this. Thank you!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael Would be nice for the share button to just generate a link copied to the clipboard for pasting in a post or conversation, or prompt to send link to a member or members via the ob1 platforms own messaging option.

Was from another thread, moved here....

Jim
The OS share provides more options, including copy url. If you start adding a bunch of different ways to share, it gets confusing for the layperson. You are probably becoming a power user Jim! Open to specific implementation suggestions though!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
What about including repeater information in the OB1 map? Maybe just as an additional POI type and including information about: Callsign of the repeater, input frequency and output frequency, operating mode (i.e. FM, digital mode like C4FM, D-Star, DMR etc.), location information and if necessary additional remarks if there is something special, a website to the repeater etc.).

We have a lot of HAMs here and this is important information. Sure, you can get it elsewhere, but it would then be another information that would be integrated into the OP1 app and thus another step towards using only one (or at least fewer) apps.

Will add it to the community feature priority list. Maybe its an idea for future implementation?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
What about including repeater information in the OB1 map? Maybe just as an additional POI type and including information about: Callsign of the repeater, input frequency and output frequency, operating mode (i.e. FM, digital mode like C4FM, D-Star, DMR etc.), location information and if necessary additional remarks if there is something special, a website to the repeater etc.).

We have a lot of HAMs here and this is important information. Sure, you can get it elsewhere, but it would then be another information that would be integrated into the OP1 app and thus another step towards using only one (or at least fewer) apps.

Will add it to the community feature priority list. Maybe its an idea for future implementation?
Is there a good public database where we could get and update information? Would not be hard to add if we have the data (and it is in the public domain).

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Is there a good public database where we could get and update information? Would not be hard to add if we have the data (and it is in the public domain).
For example, there is a website run by a German HAM operator. On that website there are a lot of repeaters in Europe, a lot in North America and some in the rest of the world mentioned in a map. That website lives on participation, so similar to our OB Map here (everyone can report missing repeaters and they will be added). Maybe there is a way to get the a download from the database as a starting point. I could try contact the guy who runs the website if you like. What exactly do you need to know for a possible implementation in the OB1 app?

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Hey all,

If you have an idea or nit or something about the app to talk about - this is the place. Please keep in mind, the BEST way to actually get a feature upvoted and developed is to use our upvote feature.

however - if you would like to discuss a potential feature, get some feedback, or just let me know how to make the app better for your use - post away.

-Michael
@Michael This original post of yours mate ? I searched "nits" to find it and notice it's not pinned. Again I would never have known it was there.
Can it be added to the home page of the app? That would be easy enough to find just by pressing on an icon?
Or its own item in the menu bar? That would be easy to find. I know I for one always check the menu items for updates on messages or notifications etc.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

If you have an idea or nit or something about the app to talk about - this is the place. Please keep in mind, the BEST way to actually get a feature upvoted and developed is to use our upvote feature.

however - if you would like to discuss a potential feature, get some feedback, or just let me know how to make the app better for your use - post away.

-Michael
@Michael This original post of yours mate ? I searched "nits" to find it and notice it's not pinned. Again I would never have known it was there.
Can it be added to the home page of the app? That would be easy enough to find just by pressing on an icon?
Or its own item in the menu bar? That would be easy to find. I know I for one always check the menu items for updates on messages or notifications etc.
It sure can! I’ll add it to the menu bar. That’s a great suggestion. The trade off with both app and forums is that something gets taken away. What do we lose/replace? Menu add is straightforward and easy enough to do. But Nits is buried precisely because it’s a forum. Many users of the app don’t use the forums. Fundamentally I would love to get feedback on the roadmap and what’s important. It helps keep us honest on our assumptions.

Reactions: Steve_ohhhhh