Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I just found this (duh?) and put it on a watch and a placeholder on my calendar for that weekend.......;-)

What information do you need for the spreadsheet? This looks awesome and thanks for taking the lead/doing so much work on this!!

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

It sounds like we're going to have a pretty good turn out!

I'll have GPS tracks and details prior to the run.

It would probably be helpful to find someone in the area, and see if we can get some recon done on camp sites. It seems like there may be a few more rigs that I initially thought. Not surprising considering last years turn out.

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

I definitely "MAYBE" want to go. I'll see if I have my rig ready we the time gets closer.

What kinds of fees or passes would I need to take care of? I spend most of my time in NE Washington so I don't usually have to worry about fees.

Posted via mobile. OB# 3459

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I'd also be interested! Put me down for a most definite maybe :)

Are there any posts/pics/vids lingering around from last year's run?
I think there was a picture thread running around

Here was the route I recently posted: https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-pnw-2016-gallagher-head-lake-trail-run.4328/
This is the forum thread from last year. Lots of pictures! https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-wa-trip-august-2016.1788/page-14

I don't think any one made a video. I didn't get enough footage.

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

To the best of my knowledge that side doesn't have any but I'd have to do some research to be sure. Boulder Cave (a little out of the way) does require you to pay or have a Discover Pass to park in the lot though.

I personally, living on the west side, always have a valid Discover Pass and NW Forest Pass.
I have a discover pass, but I've never needed a forest pass. I may end up getting one.

hellachris

Rank IV
Launch Member

Benefactor

Renton, WA
Member #

Dustin S. Godtfring

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Spokane valley, Washington 99206
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Godtfring
Member #

2017-02-03 15.09.20.jpg 2017-03-18 20.59.34.jpg 2017-02-01 15.34.49.jpg 2017-02-03 15.09.20.jpg 2017-02-01 15.34.49.jpg Count me a going for sure but at the same time I will see when it gets closer if it changes at all?
What kinds of fees or passes would I need to take care of?
I spend most of my time in Eastern Washington. So I don't usually have to worry about fees except for the discovery pass for 7 mile ORHV park but every where else that I know of does not require it.
The rig I will be taking 2000 4runner white base 3rz 5speed 4x4, front Bilsteins 5100 adjustable shocks with OME 883 and in the rear Bilsteins 5100 long travel shocks with Toytec super flex coils on Maxxis Big Horn M/T 32 x 11.50 x 15R

Last edited:

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

I went a head and bought the NW forest pass, I have never needed it before living in eastern WA I rarely go west, but it's cheaper than getting a ticket.

OutInCreation

Rank II
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Moses Lake, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7GKZ
For those that enjoy NP as well as NF lands, the America the Beautiful pass ($80) covers you for both for one year. You'll still need to get the Discover Pass separately for state lands where required.

grover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Silver Springs, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Grover
Member #

If I were to come down from Canada for this trip, what is the cheapest option for passes?

As a side note, I just recently joined OB but I plan to buy a membership before the trip.

If I did this, I'd also consider continuing along the WABDR route up to the Canadian border.

Thanks