OB Pacific Northwest Trail Run - 2017 Edition

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I'm afraid that I am going to have to likely back out of this excursion. I just bought a new truck, will be selling the Xterra, and won't have the time to have the new rig set up adequately this year. It's going to be a fun new project, with more of a long range expedition idea to it. I'm a little disappointed as I really enjoyed the run last year. If anything changes I'll be sure to poke my head back in here.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

SITHLRD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tacoma, WA
Member #

Yeah, the date isn't moving. But the location might be. Especially with as many people have interest. If even half the people on the list showed up, we'd cause the new Bethel Ridge traffic jam!

If it does get moved, it won't be by that much.
May end up looking like this:

A small jam caused by some tree removal action. 17 trucks very smooth flow. I guess camping would be an issue.

Pavement ends, fun begins
2005 LR3 V8 HSE "The Dark One"

Last edited:

Dustin S. Godtfring

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Spokane valley, Washington 99206
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Godtfring
Member #

What type of coms does everyone have for this trip?

I just have a Cobra 29NW Classic CB Radio with Nightwatch Illuminated Front Panel with Firestik 4ft Firestik [emoji768] II FS Series Tunable Tip CB Antenna 900 Watts Red - Firestik FS-4RD
That I hardly use

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I'm going to stick the Rally Point up with the plan very soon. It looks like we're going to need to move it to the same place we did it last year.

There are only 1 or 2 spots where it might be tricky for a stock rig.

The plan will be to camp friday night, or meet Saturday morning for the trip up to the lake.

I know it's a bit of an extra distance for people coming from the South, but with the timing of things this year, I don't have time to plan an alternative.

For those of you that are on the roster, I'll have everyone going RSVP via the Rally Point app as soon as I get it up there.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Here it is! It looks like my procrastination has gotten the best of me.

I may need some assistance getting to the campground and getting ahold of the "first come, first serve" spots, as there are no more reservable spots left!

Also, I'm going to be on a trip during a fair amount of time between now and then.

It would be great if there was one or two people that could assist with one or both of the issues that I'm facing.

Please RSVP at the new Rally Page App!!!

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ob-pacific-northwest-trail-run-2017-edition/

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Definitely looking forward to this trip! I'll be getting over there Friday night so if theres somewhere everyone is planning to camp I would love to meetup. I will probably just sleep in my rig so I wont need much space if I can share some space.

Not sure what the plan will be for Sunday but I know I have to head out for some other plans in the afternoon that day.

Cant wait to meet you all!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Right now, the only thing that we are going to need to figure out, is a couple people that can get there a little early and snag up enough of the group sites to accommodate everyone that will be staying on Friday night. Obviously, everyone will need to help out with the costs related to the campground.

There aren't any campground costs up at the lake saturday night, so we'll only have to come together for Friday.

I'm not going to be able to respond much, if at all over the next couple weeks.

Trixter404

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Olympia, WA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Right now, the only thing that we are going to need to figure out, is a couple people that can get there a little early and snag up enough of the group sites to accommodate everyone that will be staying on Friday night. Obviously, everyone will need to help out with the costs related to the campground.

There aren't any campground costs up at the lake saturday night, so we'll only have to come together for Friday.

I'm not going to be able to respond much, if at all over the next couple weeks.
I should be able to help out. I have the 4th through 7th off so I can get there early. Something else we need to consider is a backup plan for Saturday if the large camp at the lake is already taken, which it frequently is. We were incredibly lucky last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I should be able to help out. I have the 4th through 7th off so I can get there early. Something else we need to consider is a backup plan for Saturday if the large camp at the lake is already taken, which it frequently is. We were incredibly lucky last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True.

I don't know the area. If someone else does, that would be good information to have. There is a lot of open space up there though. I'm sure we could disperse a little for finding our parking spots, and have a central area for everyone to congregate.