Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Good Morning Wyoming,

I created this thread for each of you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about your family, you and your rig. Share pictures and get to know others in your state. I will start.

I learned about overlanding last year and have since outfitted my 2015 JKU Rubicon to go anywhere I want. I love getting out in the open air to rock crawl, camp or just go for a drive. I usually head out somewhere every weekend as soon as I clock out of work at 4 pm on Friday.

My Jeep was stock last year until I was in Moab horse back riding and decided to hot a few trails and see what the fuss was all about. WOW what an experience and I have been going full force since.

My goal is to be able to run Baja for a week next year. Your turn!!! S

Attachments

WyOverland

US Rocky Mountain Member Rep Wyoming
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Casper, WY, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cruse
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7JUN
Hello all!
I am Josh. I am in Central WY. I learned about OB from watching Jake Wettern's YouTube channel. I have had my current Jeep (2017 JKU Rubicon) since Dec 2016. I have had a couple others (CJ and TJ) before that. We also tow a TetonX offroad teardrop. We also get out and explore with her Subaru Outback.

My GF and I love to get out and enjoy the beautiful state we live in. We also love to get out with our 3 kids (15 & twin 12s). We do some hiking, fishing, and camping when we do get out.
If there are any questions feel free to ask!

Attachments

Reactions: Frito and Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all!
I am Josh. I am in Central WY. I learned about OB from watching Jake Wettern's YouTube channel. I have had my current Jeep (2017 JKU Rubicon) since Dec 2016. I have had a couple others (CJ and TJ) before that. We also tow a TetonX offroad teardrop. We also get out and explore with her Subaru Outback.

My GF and I love to get out and enjoy the beautiful state we live in. We also love to get out with our 3 kids (15 & twin 12s). We do some hiking, fishing, and camping when we do get out.
If there are any questions feel free to ask!
Thanks for starting us off here. Great set up. What are some areas in your state you enjoy the most. I am very close to WY and may want to head that way for a weekend.

DirtDestination

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

Late to the game here, but I'm interested in meeting some folks in the area that share the same love for getting out there! My name is Mack, and I'm in SW Wyoming (can throw a rock to UT). I love getting out every chance I get. I have been building my 13' JKU out for the last 2 1/2 years, and have put a lot of seat time in it. Lots of mountain exploring in my area, and some longer distance trips to Montana, Idaho, most of the Oregon coast, Northern California, Arizona, and last spring I went to Baja for a week. There's always something new to see in this part of the country!

Attachments

travisch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wyoming
Hey Mac...other side of the state in Pine Bluffs and could throw a rock into NE but they would probably tax you for it. I've been working on a 71 K10 for a few months that we are setting up for a month in Baja but its also a hunting rig and daily driver.
Just finished up a trip with Fourwheeler to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff - Link

DirtDestination

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

Hey Mac...other side of the state in Pine Bluffs and could throw a rock into NE but they would probably tax you for it. I've been working on a 71 K10 for a few months that we are setting up for a month in Baja but its also a hunting rig and daily driver.
Just finished up a trip with Fourwheeler to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff - Link
View attachment 100609
That’s a badass rig! I love seeing something unique.(Says the guy in the JK) Had some friends on that trip with you. Looked like a blast!

DirtDestination

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Evanston, WY
First Name
Mack
Last Name
Booth
Member #

Checking in from western Wyoming. 50 miles south of Jackson hole. Current rig a 2004 Ford F-250 6.0 powerstroke with the 6 speed manual. Live full time in my bumper pull camper. Would like to get out to do more without hauling my camper with me.
sweet! Beautiful area up there. I have some family in star valley. I kind of miss a full-size truck now and then. Are you having good luck with the 6.0?

Wysuperduty

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Etna wyoming
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Jansen
Member #

sweet! Beautiful area up there. I have some family in star valley. I kind of miss a full-size truck now and then. Are you having good luck with the 6.0?
So far so good with it. Biggest thing with the 6.0 is to keep up on the maintenance and don’t put a tune them.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello all, I've just moved from Oregon to eastern Idaho, which happens to be the very edge of the pacific nw region. We(my wife and I)would like to explore our new home. With Jackson hole only being about an hour and a half away. Some Wyoming trips are definitely on the books this year. Hope to see some of you out on the trail

Attachments

Reactions: SS308

jwalla

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Dakotas

Advocate I

Rapid City, SD, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Walla
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Not much further and through some great mountains is the Black Hills of South Dakota and Wyoming. Come on by we'll leave the lights on for ya.

Reactions: Jaytperry89

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
From Cheyenne Wyoming. New to Overlanding but look forward to discovering Wyoming back trails!

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Hello all, I've just moved from Oregon to eastern Idaho, which happens to be the very edge of the pacific nw region. We(my wife and I)would like to explore our new home. With Jackson hole only being about an hour and a half away. Some Wyoming trips are definitely on the books this year. Hope to see some of you out on the trail
Like your Rig. Have a 2012 Raptor that I'm setting up for overlanding.

Reactions: Jaytperry89

EricnSD

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Ericson
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

my rig: 2021 Wrangler Rubicon. 35" tires, added a warn winch and a 2.5" lift. My ultra lite travel trailer is a 2016 Lance 1575. Currently in the shop getting a new axel, better tires, a 4" lift, and solar.

I'm always down to explore South Dakota and Wyoming, hopefully there's some trips posted on here this summer

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Like your Rig. Have a 2012 Raptor that I'm setting up for overlanding.
You have a build thread yet?

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Hey guys! Here outside of Carpenter in SE307. 2011 Tundra. Plenty of dirt roads to explore around the house but love getting into the snowy range whenever possible. Any interest in a WY OB meet up? Go pokes by the way

Reactions: Frito and SS308

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Hey guys! Here outside of Carpenter in SE307. 2011 Tundra. Plenty of dirt roads to explore around the house but love getting into the snowy range whenever possible. Any interest in a WY OB meet up? Go pokes by the way
Great idea! Where and when could everyone meet? Let's get the 307 Overlanders started.