Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Good Morning Nebraska

I created this thread for each of you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about your family, you and your rig. Share pictures and get to know others in your state. I will start.

I learned about overlanding last year and have since outfitted my 2015 JKU Rubicon to go anywhere I want. I love getting out in the open air to rock crawl, camp or just go for a drive. I usually head out somewhere every weekend as soon as I clock out of work at 4 pm on Friday.

My Jeep was stock last year until I was in Moab horse back riding and decided to hot a few trails and see what the fuss was all about. WOW what an experience and I have been going full force since.

My goal is to be able to run Baja for a week next year. Your turn!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: JK_pix

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska.
I'm fairly new to the overlanding experience. I took a trip to Missouri and Arkansas last year in my 02 Camry. Yes I know it's not 4x4 but it was still fun none the less. I'm working to upgrade my ride to something a bit more versatile.

I work as a quality assurance tester. I enjoy the single father life and playing board games when I can. I'm an aspiring writer, working on a travel novel about the state of Nebraska.

I'm a member of our local Jeep Club. My work in progress rig is the one shown, a 1984 Jeep J10. 8 year old for scale :-p. I have family in North Platte, and travel there quite a bit.

Looking forward to more adventures with local groups!

Safe travels!

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: JK_pix and Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska.
I'm fairly new to the overlanding experience. I took a trip to Missouri and Arkansas last year in my 02 Camry. Yes I know it's not 4x4 but it was still fun none the less. I'm working to upgrade my ride to something a bit more versatile.

I work as a quality assurance tester. I enjoy the single father life and playing board games when I can. I'm an aspiring writer, working on a travel novel about the state of Nebraska.

I'm a member of our local Jeep Club. My work in progress rig is the one shown, a 1984 Jeep J10. 8 year old for scale :-p. I have family in North Platte, and travel there quite a bit.

Looking forward to more adventures with local groups!

Safe travels!
Thank you so much for starting our introductions off. That is a great looking Jeep. It really doesnt matter what you drive as long as you are getting out and having fun. Welcome to the thread.

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

Thank you so much for starting our introductions off. That is a great looking Jeep. It really doesnt matter what you drive as long as you are getting out and having fun. Welcome to the thread.
Thanks. Gotta start somewhere right!!!

Reactions: Cendee

MercedesOvrLnd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Omaha, NE, USA
Member #

Based out of Omaha NE.
I’ve recently started Overlanding as of a year ago. I’ve made a trip to Colorado and South Dakota so far. The Black Hills and Moab are on my list of places to go this year. My rig is a 2002 Mercedes ML320 that is Supercharged. It is lifted and on larger tires. Roof rack and awning are custom fitted. Custom tube bumpers are in the works. It’s a fun vehicle to get out and explore with. Looking forward to meets and thing this year. Also will be going to Tuttle Creek at some point. 0C2691C9-9329-4F31-8AF4-696D8B830FD2.jpeg

Forte

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
McW
Member #

Based out of Omaha NE.
I’ve recently started Overlanding as of a year ago. I’ve made a trip to Colorado and South Dakota so far. The Black Hills and Moab are on my list of places to go this year. My rig is a 2002 Mercedes ML320 that is Supercharged. It is lifted and on larger tires. Roof rack and awning are custom fitted. Custom tube bumpers are in the works. It’s a fun vehicle to get out and explore with. Looking forward to meets and thing this year. Also will be going to Tuttle Creek at some point.
JK bumper! Love the ingenuity.

Introduction: I work for the railroad in a desk job, and I'm missing the outdoors more than ever. My two kids are getting older (3 and a half and 2) so my goal this summer is to get out of the house and try out some short overnighters. I've realized that western Nebraska has a lot of opportunity to explore and I'd like to take advantage of the fact before my career likely moves me to a bigger city.

Besides for my love of the outdoors I enjoy shooting guns, wrenching on cars, and I'm really into pretty much every genre of music and play a couple instruments too. I was into cars way before I knew anything about 4x4s. Back in high school in Arizona I took my 94 Taurus SHO to a huge meet every Saturday night with a few buddies. Now I'm into anything with 4 wheels pretty much but I have a soft spot for Fords and most 80s-00s tuner stuff.

My rig pictured during the bomb cyclone last month.... My Jimmy has been my daily for over 6 years and has been nothing but reliable. This summer I will be doing some maintenance to it, throwing some new AT tires on, gathering some camping gear and hopefully hitting the road. Honestly I'm not sure how much time and money I'm going to put into the truck. I have all sorts of plans in my head but it's getting older and it's a little on the small side for a family rig. But I won't know for sure until I get out there!

Attachments

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Based out of Omaha NE.
I’ve recently started Overlanding as of a year ago. I’ve made a trip to Colorado and South Dakota so far. The Black Hills and Moab are on my list of places to go this year. My rig is a 2002 Mercedes ML320 that is Supercharged. It is lifted and on larger tires. Roof rack and awning are custom fitted. Custom tube bumpers are in the works. It’s a fun vehicle to get out and explore with. Looking forward to meets and thing this year. Also will be going to Tuttle Creek at some point. View attachment 93082
That is awesome. We had a ML320 at our last rally point here in Utah. That thing was a beast. :0) Thank you for the introduction.

Reactions: shad0fx

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

JK bumper! Love the ingenuity.

Introduction: I work for the railroad in a desk job, and I'm missing the outdoors more than ever. My two kids are getting older (3 and a half and 2) so my goal this summer is to get out of the house and try out some short overnighters. I've realized that western Nebraska has a lot of opportunity to explore and I'd like to take advantage of the fact before my career likely moves me to a bigger city.

Besides for my love of the outdoors I enjoy shooting guns, wrenching on cars, and I'm really into pretty much every genre of music and play a couple instruments too. I was into cars way before I knew anything about 4x4s. Back in high school in Arizona I took my 94 Taurus SHO to a huge meet every Saturday night with a few buddies. Now I'm into anything with 4 wheels pretty much but I have a soft spot for Fords and most 80s-00s tuner stuff.

My rig pictured during the bomb cyclone last month.... My Jimmy has been my daily for over 6 years and has been nothing but reliable. This summer I will be doing some maintenance to it, throwing some new AT tires on, gathering some camping gear and hopefully hitting the road. Honestly I'm not sure how much time and money I'm going to put into the truck. I have all sorts of plans in my head but it's getting older and it's a little on the small side for a family rig. But I won't know for sure until I get out there!
That looks perfect for overlanding. Just throw some gear in and go. I have lived in Utah all my life and have just begun to explore what my state has. Its amazing once you get out and do it. Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself.

FlightBenja

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nebraska
First Name
Ben
Last Name
George
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0RSI
I’m confused is this OB members Nebraska or Wyoming? It says good morning Wyoming. I’m guessing copy paste forgot to change the top?

• Haha
Reactions: Cendee

ToyoMo

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle, NE
Member #

Greetings from Lincoln! The Land Cruiser is still a work in progress at the moment. Should be finished up with the LS swap next month and have the bugs worked out of it. Planning on some overlanding next year. Would like to hit the Mojave Trail.

IMG_2094.JPG

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

I live in Lincoln and have had my 08 JKU for a little over 11 years. Over that time, I’ve taken it on a variety of trips. The best off road trails I’ve been on were in Moab and Colorado. I’ve been on some in Nebraska as well as Tuttle. It’s fun to just get out and see new places. My JKU has some mods done to it but is a fairly mild build. 932109321193212

Tundra thompson

Rank III

Contributor III

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
I live in Lincoln and have had my 08 JKU for a little over 11 years. Over that time, I’ve taken it on a variety of trips. The best off road trails I’ve been on were in Moab and Colorado. I’ve been on some in Nebraska as well as Tuttle. It’s fun to just get out and see new places. My JKU has some mods done to it but is a fairly mild build. View attachment 93210View attachment 93211View attachment 93212
What areas have you been to around here other than Tuttle?

JK_pix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, Nebraska
First Name
Vishal
Last Name
Singh
Member #

Near Lincoln, there are a couple of private properties that have some trials on them. However, those are by invite only and I don't have any ownership in those. I also did some trails at Halsey a while back. I haven't done it yet but there is the Broken Arrow Wilderness in Fullerton, NE.

shad0fx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lincoln, NE
First Name
Joe
Last Name
DeMarco
Member #

If you guys ever want to meet up I am game. Usually travel to other areas of the country. I should start exploring my own back yard.
I have the opposite problem. I'm a single dad, so my budget is pretty tight at the moment. Not a lot of room to go to other areas of the country. I started working on a travel blog, podcast, and hopefully a book, about traveling around Nebraska. My hopes is to start generating a bit of extra income to go further out.

Happy trails to ya! Nice looking Tundra!

Reactions: Tundra thompson

Tundra thompson

Rank III

Contributor III

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
I have the opposite problem. I'm a single dad, so my budget is pretty tight at the moment. Not a lot of room to go to other areas of the country. I started working on a travel blog, podcast, and hopefully a book, about traveling around Nebraska. My hopes is to start generating a bit of extra income to go further out.

Happy trails to ya! Nice looking Tundra!
Same boat good Sir, keep us posted on the pod cast

Tundra thompson

Rank III

Contributor III

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
Near Lincoln, there are a couple of private properties that have some trials on them. However, those are by invite only and I don't have any ownership in those. I also did some trails at Halsey a while back. I haven't done it yet but there is the Broken Arrow Wilderness in Fullerton, NE.
Well if you ever have an invite to go to the private trails or you are heading to one of the other areas let me know!