US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

It was CO.Ranger I met up with him a few days ago to reprogram a few things on our trucks.
I did the ironclads totally stock with a jeep group and that made me sweat & got some trail rash. I did most of Argentine Pass but almost saw a jeep roll over & I went home after. So anything “moderate” I’m cool with.
I’m always down for a trail run. Hopefully my new tires come this week.
welcome Ricardo! We were just up Argentine couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised to hear about a rollover! Where/when was that?

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Welcome to the Community Ricardo! I'm not sure about arvada specifically but we have quite a few members in the Denver Metroplex area. I'm up in fort collins but we all often do trips and trail runs together. What's your current comfort level in terms of trail runs? did it happen to be @CO.Ranger ? I'm down to put a trail run together this weekend if you're up for it.

Feel free to reach out to me any time! Hopefully we get to meet up sometime soon!
I would be up for a Sunday run. Something on par with what we did last time.

It was CO.Ranger I met up with him a few days ago to reprogram a few things on our trucks.
I did the ironclads totally stock with a jeep group and that made me sweat & got some trail rash. I did most of Argentine Pass but almost saw a jeep roll over & I went home after. So anything “moderate” I’m cool with.
Welcome! Glad you made it over.

Napolito

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

welcome Ricardo! We were just up Argentine couple of weeks ago, I'm surprised to hear about a rollover! Where/when was that?
It was a few weeks ago. Some dingus in a bone stock older rubicon decided he wanted to go up to the summit and got caught on a rock step. And while backing down he got on 3 wheels in a precarious area and two atv-ers jumped off and got onto his Jeep to make sure it didn’t tip over.
And apparently some GX bounced off it while coming down and almost went down the mountain.
The guy I was with an I decided we were fine not seeing the summit that day.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Cruiser_CO

Rank I

Member I

Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hey my fellow Coloradoans,

Just joined as a member today. Located up in Fort Collins and building out my recently acquired 2012 FJ TTE. I enjoy exploring NoCo / Wyo via 4x4, adventure moto, and popup camper with the kids. Don't get out nearly as much as I'd like due to the stage of life but really looking forward to getting involved with the NoCo community here on OB.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks my red TTE will have a white roof and grill so give a shout if I see you on the road/trails.

Cheers
Eric

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hello, my name is Mike! I live in Pueblo West with my 4 year old son! Single dad and a district manager. I have a 14 Tacoma that I absolutely love! Hope to meet up soon and meet some new faces!
Welcome to the community Mike ! I know we have a handful of members in the Pueblo west area iirc our regional director lives out that way currently. Looking forward to seeing you on adventures hopefully you'll be able to join us on some !

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Just joined as a member today. Located up in Fort Collins and building out my recently acquired 2012 FJ TTE. I enjoy exploring NoCo / Wyo via 4x4, adventure moto, and popup camper with the kids. Don't get out nearly as much as I'd like due to the stage of life but really looking forward to getting involved with the NoCo community here on OB.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks my red TTE will have a white roof and grill so give a shout if I see you on the road/trails.

Cheers
Eric
Welcome to the community Eric! Glad to see another member up in FoCo ! I'm on the SW corner of FoCo . What's your comfort level regarding trails etc ? We should get together some time and hit some trails and start having some adventures together.

Reactions: Cruiser_CO

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello, my name is Mike! I live in Pueblo West with my 4 year old son! Single dad and a district manager. I have a 14 Tacoma that I absolutely love! Hope to meet up soon and meet some new faces!
Good to see you made it!

Reactions: Iridium

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Cheers
Eric
Welcome!

Great member number!

Cruiser_CO

Rank I

Member I

Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Welcome to the community Eric! Glad to see another member up in FoCo ! I'm on the SW corner of FoCo . What's your comfort level regarding trails etc ? We should get together some time and hit some trails and start having some adventures together.
Hi Aleem! We're probably quite close to each other in town. Just south of Front Range CC. I've got a number of small projects going on the rig right now to get her baselined and ready to go. Hoping to be done within the next couple weeks. Would be glad to get connected and learn the local network. I've spent plenty of time up on Pingree and Pole Hill Road in Estes but that's about it. I'll IM you and thanks for reaching out!

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Good morning all, I just moved to Northeast Denver from Central Florida about 2 weeks ago. Currently piecing together some ground camping gear for some 1-2 night weekend trips while I get my feet wet in the offroading/overland Camping world. I am brand new to the whole overlanding thing and looking for some more experienced folks to tag along with and learn a thing or two. I am frequently available on weekends, save for when it is my turn to be on-call for work.

This is my 2021 Ford Ranger FX4. Currently I own a tent with inflatable mattress and I am working on finding some 2nd hand cooking/dinnerware. IMG_2234.jpeg

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Good morning all, I just moved to Northeast Denver from Central Florida about 2 weeks ago. Currently piecing together some ground camping gear for some 1-2 night weekend trips while I get my feet wet in the offroading/overland Camping world. I am brand new to the whole overlanding thing and looking for some more experienced folks to tag along with and learn a thing or two. I am frequently available on weekends, save for when it is my turn to be on-call for work.

This is my 2021 Ford Ranger FX4. Currently I own a tent with inflatable mattress and I am working on finding some 2nd hand cooking/dinnerware. View attachment 207513
Hi Jon, Welcome to the community!!

we have a handful of guys with Rangers in the Denver area @Napolito and @CO.Ranger are great guys and could certainly give you some good Ranger specific advice. Biggest recommendation i could give is get yourself a good sleeping bag, I grew up in Texas and learned the hard way that camping at elevation here in colorado is very different than in the flatlands temp wise. We also have a large community in the greater Denver area. I'm up in Fort Collins please feel free to reach out if you have any questions/need help or if you'd like to get a run together! Hopefully we can meet up in person in the near future! Cheers

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Hi Jon, Welcome to the community!!

we have a handful of guys with Rangers in the Denver area @Napolito and @CO.Ranger are great guys and could certainly give you some good Ranger specific advice. Biggest recommendation i could give is get yourself a good sleeping bag, I grew up in Texas and learned the hard way that camping at elevation here in colorado is very different than in the flatlands temp wise. We also have a large community in the greater Denver area. I'm up in Fort Collins please feel free to reach out if you have any questions/need help or if you'd like to get a run together! Hopefully we can meet up in person in the near future! Cheers
I'm always up for last minute plans and I can grill some mean burgers. Feel free to reach out if any weekend trips are being planned (or trips that bleed into the weekend where I can tag along for a night or two).

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Welcome @Unregistered Hypercam 2! The Ranger is really capable. Napolito and I both have the FX4 and it's great. Have you joined the Telegram group? That's generally where we start planning trips.
Where can I find the telegram details? And I believe I recognize you from the Ranger5G forum.

Napolito

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

This is my 2021 Ford Ranger FX4. Currently I own a tent with inflatable mattress and I am working on finding some 2nd hand cooking/dinnerware. View attachment 207513
Welcome! I have a Ranger too & I’m based in Arvada.