Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

View attachment 201100
Finally got the old girl back home from the camper build in Durango. So far so good save a canvas attachment problem i have to sort out and of course new springs built for the added weight etc. Hopefully a month from now i can get it in the dirt an do my first weekend in the dirt.

View attachment 201101

View attachment 201103
View attachment 201104
View attachment 201105

View attachment 201106
View attachment 201107
Last picture shows the canvas attachment issue up front. The keder welt rail looks like hamburger. Trying to determine size of welt and rail so i can find new rail since i am going to have to fix this myself as the builder seems to think a glue would help the issue out...
Wow it looks awesome!! Great work.

R2BICON

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Monument, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Hey everyone , new here to this thing they call Overlanding. We have a 2016 JKU Rubicon built for more rockcrawling but we had more fun getting there and exploring on the way so here we are rebuild time. We just moved here from Oregon where we loved just getting out. Started out last year doing a trip with my son down the middle of Oregon from Sisters to Crater lake national park was about 450 mile off road and we camped for 4 days was a blast. We are now in the Colorado Springs/Monument area and are looking to start exploring Colorado. Will have lots of Questions on the new build. Can't wait to get out there and meet up and see some great country.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey everyone , new here to this thing they call Overlanding. We have a 2016 JKU Rubicon built for more rockcrawling but we had more fun getting there and exploring on the way so here we are rebuild time. We just moved here from Oregon where we loved just getting out. Started out last year doing a trip with my son down the middle of Oregon from Sisters to Crater lake national park was about 450 mile off road and we camped for 4 days was a blast. We are now in the Colorado Springs/Monument area and are looking to start exploring Colorado. Will have lots of Questions on the new build. Can't wait to get out there and meet up and see some great country.
Welcome from Pueblo West!

Be sure to keep an eye on the upcoming rally points. Feel free to suggest a destination and we can always try to put something together if you'd like company.

Reactions: R2BICON

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Ryan!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Just did the run from The Springs to Marble and the Crystal Mill, def recommend to anyone in or near the area! The drive was beautiful!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Just did the run from The Springs to Marble and the Crystal Mill, def recommend to anyone in or near the area! The drive was beautiful!

Very nice write up! This area has always been on my bucket list! Now even more so. May see if we can go the last week of July?
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Reactions: überlander

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Very nice write up! This area has always been on my bucket list! Now even more so. May see if we can go the last week of July?
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
We used the Bogan Flats campground, $28 a night Well worth it! Super close to the beginning of the trail into Crystal!

Reactions: JDGreens

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Hey gang, newbie here on the western slope. I just found and site and am intrigued so far. 2014 JKUR here, along with a teardrop camper...made the switch from motorcycles about a year ago.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Hey gang, newbie here on the western slope. I just found and site and am intrigued so far. 2014 JKUR here, along with a teardrop camper...made the switch from motorcycles about a year ago.
Welcome! And what type of teardrop camper? Been looking at a few lately and haven't found one I really like.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Welcome! And what type of teardrop camper? Been looking at a few lately and haven't found one I really like.
We went with a civilized version....a NuCamp Tag. It's what they call a Boondock edition, so lifted and bigger tires/wheels. We plan to pull out there a ways, set camp, and then meander in the Jeep. The trailer isn't overly "ruggedized", but my wife loves it, and that makes me happy. Just put a 180 degree awning on it this week, this weekend we'll be trying it out.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
We went with a civilized version....a NuCamp Tag. It's what they call a Boondock edition, so lifted and bigger tires/wheels. We plan to pull out there a ways, set camp, and then meander in the Jeep. The trailer isn't overly "ruggedized", but my wife loves it, and that makes me happy. Just put a 180 degree awning on it this week, this weekend we'll be trying it out.
Just looked one up and that’s Awesome! I like everything about it, now I get to try and talk the wife into it, she has been wanting one of the huge ones and I’m just not ready to pull a house out to go camping, I’m more of the roughing it type, but she wants something nice so maybe this will be it, thank you much!

Last edited:
Reactions: zgfiredude

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Just looked one up and that’s Awesome! I like everything about it, now I get to try and talk the wife into it, she has been wanting one of the huge ones and I’m just not ready to pull a house out to go camping, I’m more of the roughing it type, but she wants something nice so maybe this will be it, thank you much!
Any time....if you have questions, reach out! And maybe our paths will cross and I'll convince your wife this is the ONE! ;-)

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Welcome to the community Brian! Hopefully you can join us on some of our trips/ trail rides over the summer, there are 2 longer trips we currently are planning (ouray and moab) check em out on Rally point, ill update the ouray one soon. feel free to reach out if you have any questions or are interested in getting together! Cheers!

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: zgfiredude

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

My Ranger and I want more people to go on trails with. Another Ranger owner mentioned I should join and here I am.
My wife and I are in Arvada.
Welcome to the Community Ricardo! I'm not sure about arvada specifically but we have quite a few members in the Denver Metroplex area. I'm up in fort collins but we all often do trips and trail runs together. What's your current comfort level in terms of trail runs? did it happen to be @CO.Ranger ? I'm down to put a trail run together this weekend if you're up for it.

Feel free to reach out to me any time! Hopefully we get to meet up sometime soon!

Napolito

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

My Ranger and I want more people to go on trails with. Another Ranger owner mentioned I should join and here I am.
My wife and I are in Arvada.
Welcome to the Community Ricardo! I'm not sure about arvada specifically but we have quite a few members in the Denver Metroplex area. I'm up in fort collins but we all often do trips and trail runs together. What's your current comfort level in terms of trail runs? did it happen to be @CO.Ranger ? I'm down to put a trail run together this weekend if you're up for it.

Feel free to reach out to me any time! Hopefully we get to meet up sometime soon!
It was CO.Ranger I met up with him a few days ago to reprogram a few things on our trucks.
I did the ironclads totally stock with a jeep group and that made me sweat & got some trail rash. I did most of Argentine Pass but almost saw a jeep roll over & I went home after. So anything “moderate” I’m cool with.
I’m always down for a trail run. Hopefully my new tires come this week.