Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all! New member here from Colorado Springs. I've been slowly converting my 08 Pathfinder for more offroading and overlanding. The kids and I are looking forward to finding more place to roam to and see some amazing sites. Just thought I would say hello to everyone in the area.
Welcome! Hope to see you at the monthly meeting or one of the trips!

Reactions: Qaz

jonmonwon

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

First Name
Jon
Last Name
Montiel
Member #

Howdy everyone, new member here from Parker. I’m currently driving a Subaru Crosstrek but that may change next year. I spend most of my outdoors time skiing, camping and hiking 14ers. So many awesome trails and destinations here in Colorado that I hope to upgrade my ride to something more capable.

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Smith
Howdy everyone, new member here from Parker. I’m currently driving a Subaru Crosstrek but that may change next year. I spend most of my outdoors time skiing, camping and hiking 14ers. So many awesome trails and destinations here in Colorado that I hope to upgrade my ride to something more capable.
Welcome! Definitely look into the aftermarket offerings out there for Subarus. They can be built into pretty capable rigs. Lift kits, winch capatible bumpers, a rear locker are all available for your Crosstrek. I own a Crosstrek as well, it's currently stock but that's mainly a budget issue on my end and not a lack of available upgrades.

Also check out this Subaru owners thread to give you some ideas :

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hi everyone!

I just relocated to Denver from Alabama a month ago and I can’t wait to go explore this fantastic state! Anyone else from Denver?

I bought my 4Runner more than a year ago but it hasn’t see much action so far. Any easy trail that would you recommend for a beginner?

Thank you!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Hi everyone!

I just relocated to Denver from Alabama a month ago and I can’t wait to go explore this fantastic state! Anyone else from Denver?

I bought my 4Runner more than a year ago but it hasn’t see much action so far. Any easy trail that would you recommend for a beginner?

Thank you!
Welcome to Colorado, I have lived here for the past 58 years and have been wheeling for the last 6 years or so. Just scratching the surface of what there is here to enjoy in our state. I would recommend going to the 4-mile area to camp and explore if you want to get away for a weekend trip (about 2 hours from Denver). There are some great trails in the general area and so much dispersed camping you can-t go wrong.

Look forward to hanging out on the trails someday. P.S. watch for Neal to get things organized for O.B. and don't hesitate to put something out on the forum if you want some company out there. CHEERS!!!!

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome to Colorado, I have lived here for the past 58 years and have been wheeling for the last 6 years or so. Just scratching the surface of what there is here to enjoy in our state. I would recommend going to the 4-mile area to camp and explore if you want to get away for a weekend trip (about 2 hours from Denver). There are some great trails in the general area and so much dispersed camping you can-t go wrong.

Look forward to hanging out on the trails someday. P.S. watch for Neil to get things organized for O.B. and don't hesitate to put something out on the forum if you want some company out there. CHEERS!!!!
Thanks for the tip, JDGreens! I will make sure to check it out.

You are right.. so much to do!!! I was doing some research and I got overwhelmed, don’t know where to start looking!
I would love to go out with someone more experienced, will look for that.

Have a great day

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi everyone!

Thank you!
Welcome! Where from AL?

I grew up in Dothan and last lived in Montgomery before making the move in 2005.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Reactions: Qaz

mrseth

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Loveland, Colorado, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Schueller
Member #

Hey all! Located in Loveland,

Just a few photos, old ones. Will be in Moab in October! I'll update the photos post-trip. First two is pretty early on in my build progression, the last two are almost how it sits now minus light placement, rear shocks, and front + rear bumpers.

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Welcome @mrseth!

We have an event this weekend in Buena Vista if you're interested. Either scroll up a few entries or check my signature.

Reactions: mrseth

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Hey all! Located in Loveland,

Just a few photos, old ones. Will be in Moab in October! I'll update the photos post-trip. First two is pretty early on in my build progression, the last two are almost how it sits now minus light placement, rear shocks, and front + rear bumpers.
Live in loveland as well! Ive seen your rig around, do you live east of town? I live east of boyd lake

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

What do you drive? maybe ive seen you too?? I live west of boyd, right off of 287 and 34 (Eisenhower)
I dont have anything that really stands out like yours does, I had a blacked out Ram 1500 with a 3” lift that was rigged out for backcountry use. It was wrecked on i25 last September and have spend the last year trying to find the right vehicle to replace it with. Have a ford f150 that fills the gap between rigs. Looking for a jeep wrangler that can be modded out and use that.

Ejhardy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Northglenn, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hardy
Member #

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Eric and I reside in Northglenn. We got the bug during our trip to Moab last fall. Wow! What an adventure we had. After that trip, we decided modify our 2015 T4R SR5 in order to see more of this beautiful country we live in. I’m more of a novice at this point and look forward to learning and hitting the trails with you all.

IMG_0662.JPGIMG_0648.JPGIMG_0656.JPG

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Eric and I reside in Northglenn. We got the bug during our trip to Moab last fall. Wow! What an adventure we had. After that trip, we decided modify our 2015 T4R SR5 in order to see more of this beautiful country we live in. I’m more of a novice at this point and look forward to learning and hitting the trails with you all.

View attachment 120050
Nice setup! Which suspensions are you running?