OB Litter Crew Flags for dedicated Trail Trash Runs

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Today my wife and I spent all day today in the Ozarks NF exploring a few trails we hadn’t been down before. What an amazing day. What took up a lot of our day was picking up trash along the way. My Trasharoo was stuffed and even had to put some inside the FJ to bring home.

I have talked with some in different areas around the US about having groups do dedicated trash/litter runs on a monthly/quarterly basis. Specifically getting together and maybe having breakfast/lunch on a trail and running the trail to pick up trash. Whether others want to do this or not I am going to. But I think others will want to do it because it’s part of who we are.

How good of a reputation would it build for OB with communities, forest rangers, wildlife officers etc if we displayed that we, as OB members were coming together to clean up our roads and trails? There are signs all over the country where people sponsor highways and roads. Why can’t we pave the way to do this for off-roads? I’m not sure if we can sponsor a particular road or trail (I plan on asking at the local Ranger station) and I’m pretty sure they won’t put up any signs stating who we are and what we are doing. But...

I thought of maybe getting some flags made that would attach to a roof rack or ones like college teams have that roll up in the vehicle windows or maybe even door magnets that stated “OB Trail Clean Crew” or “OB Operation Litter Free Trails” or “OB Trail Trashman inside” or “OB LIBTUFI CREW” (Leave it Better Than u Found it) or whatever. Whoever saw us or drove by us or whoever we stopped to talk to would know exactly who we are, the organization we represent and the good that we are doing. Word like that travels fast.

Just a thought. My mind is weird and I’m sure the thoughts today won’t be the same tomorrow. But anyway just throwing this out there.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Great job picking up the trash on your trips! We do the same on our trips. Organizing trash runs would be nice especially if some members have access to utility trailers for the trash. I have read that the clubs in Colorado do this.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

It gets really bad around here especially after deer season. I wish deer hunters were a little more responsible for their campsites especially since they get to use the spots for free. And yeah trailers would be very helpful in some spots. We will probably get what we can and mark places where trailers are needed for large pickups.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

@Michael if you would allow me I would like your permission to have some of these made. Just for personal use for us guys around here as I am organizing dedicated trash runs in Arkansas. It would have really helped on Sunday. We did a trash run. I had both of my plano boxes on top full, my trasharoo full and then I had to stack the rest on my rear rack and strap it down for the trip home. On the way back we took the long way (of course) and found a hidden lake and an old school. We were actually stopped by some locals who thought we were going to dump the trash behind the school. Having those flags or car magnets would have given us credibility as to who we were and what we had been doing.

IMG_5286.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow! Fantastic job!

What do you want to make?

Be sure to tag us on IG and hashtag #trailguardian so we see your efforts and send the coin (s) out! Alternatively, you can email info@overlandbound.com too.

I know you don't do it for the coins, but its a great way to spread the word!

Thanks again, and great work!

M

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Ok thank you. will do. So is #trailguardian and Overland Bound one in the same? Partners? What is the connection there? Not sure I have seen anything on that up to this point.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I have posted on Instagram and tagged #trailguardian as I will do from now on with our trash runs. Thank you for this info and I will see what I can do about getting some flags or door magnets made. I greatly appreciate it.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Wow! Fantastic job!

What do you want to make?

Be sure to tag us on IG and hashtag #trailguardian so we see your efforts and send the coin (s) out! Alternatively, you can email info@overlandbound.com too.

I know you don't do it for the coins, but its a great way to spread the word!

Thanks again, and great work!

M
@Michael I have emailed but have not received any response. Email came from slaytonj@conwayschools.net

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Today my wife and I spent all day today in the Ozarks NF exploring a few trails we hadn’t been down before. What an amazing day. What took up a lot of our day was picking up trash along the way. My Trasharoo was stuffed and even had to put some inside the FJ to bring home.

I have talked with some in different areas around the US about having groups do dedicated trash/litter runs on a monthly/quarterly basis. Specifically getting together and maybe having breakfast/lunch on a trail and running the trail to pick up trash. Whether others want to do this or not I am going to. But I think others will want to do it because it’s part of who we are.

How good of a reputation would it build for OB with communities, forest rangers, wildlife officers etc if we displayed that we, as OB members were coming together to clean up our roads and trails? There are signs all over the country where people sponsor highways and roads. Why can’t we pave the way to do this for off-roads? I’m not sure if we can sponsor a particular road or trail (I plan on asking at the local Ranger station) and I’m pretty sure they won’t put up any signs stating who we are and what we are doing. But...

I thought of maybe getting some flags made that would attach to a roof rack or ones like college teams have that roll up in the vehicle windows or maybe even door magnets that stated “OB Trail Clean Crew” or “OB Operation Litter Free Trails” or “OB Trail Trashman inside” or “OB LIBTUFI CREW” (Leave it Better Than u Found it) or whatever. Whoever saw us or drove by us or whoever we stopped to talk to would know exactly who we are, the organization we represent and the good that we are doing. Word like that travels fast.

Just a thought. My mind is weird and I’m sure the thoughts today won’t be the same tomorrow. But anyway just throwing this out there.
On it. How about antenna flags that have Guardian Logo/Overland Bound on them?

And... THANK YOU for doing what you can to create awesome in the outdoors. :)

Reactions: Michael

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I'm going to get a flag version in the works, too!

Glad to see you received these! :)
Way too cool! These are so great and the quality is very good. Gonna leave the magnet on all the time on the rear and put the side ones on when we do the trails whether its a dedicated trash run or not just to spread the word!

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Granted the fam and I have yet to become Trail Gaurdians (getting there) even though we've been doing this sort of thing for a while, anyways I think having the flag as well as the magnetic sticker are awesome ideas and to back up @theBROFESSOR, I think it would be awesome if we could have designated signs stating that OB member maintain the trail, I think it would be more possible with OHV areas and State Forest/Parks but probably not the National Forest/Parks since they are very particular about everything lol in a good way for sure.

HIGH Maintenance

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Honolulu, Hawaii
Member #

Available now from @Michael or @Corrie via email at info@overlandbound.com and hopefully soon to be available in the OB Store! So excited about these!
View attachment 49182
Already got them on and ready to go! View attachment 49183
A bit late with the accolades, but...

Great Job with the trail clean up!

Wish there were more OB members here on island doing trail/beach clean up. The locals and tourist alike sure don't thank twice about pitching their drive through rubbish out of the car..... Don't Mess With Texas :wink: