BroBrown

Rank 0

Contributor I

Illinois
First Name
rut
Last Name
ruth
It is a great idea. Hydroflask makes great products too. I've been using them for years. I'm a big fan of their 32oz wide mouth, and 64oz growler. I also have an 18oz wide mouth for my morning coffee. I used a 64oz growler for ice water on my last deployment. It kept ice in my water overnight even in the Middle East. we've even used a standard mouth for baby formula on hikes and day trips, keeps it cold so you don't have to worry about it spoiling or going bad. Their pint glasses are great too, they'll keep a beverage of choice cold long enough to enjoy it all without it warming up at all.
Very much agree! I am also a big fan of Hydro Flask, I bought one for each family.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
First off, let me say.... put me down for 5.... with that, Hydroflask is a great company. I bought my first actual hydroflask back in June before doing any research on the company (so unlike me). After digging around the interwebs I found out that they are a small company located in Bend Oregon, my back yard.

From Our Story

Founded in 2009 in Bend, Oregon, Hydro Flask is the award-winning leader in high-performance insulated products ranging from beverage and food flasks to the new Unbound Series Soft Coolers. Inspiring an active and joyful life on the go, Hydro Flask innovations showcase TempShield double-wall vacuum insulation to lock in temperature, 18/8 stainless steel ensuring pure taste and durable, ergonomic design for the ultimate trusted sidekick.
Let's Go!

Hydro Flask’s charitable giving program, Parks For All, supports the development, maintenance and accessibility of public green spaces so people everywhere can live healthier, happier and more fulfilled lives. Learn more about
Parks for All.

WanderingWinters

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Yeppoon QLD, Australia
First Name
Ewan
Last Name
Winter
Member #

I too am a sucker for cool branded gear and you can never have enough bottles! I tend to agree with the article posted by @Mike G I’ve used them all and tend to lean towards Yeti but the hydro flask is no slouch. Either way an OB branded bottle would be a great addition to the arsenal!

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

So I'm a brand whore and will admit it. With that said, I've got two Yetis pictured above and bought the wide mouth hyrdoflask at REI as an impulse buy. I like the performance of the hydro flask better. It def. keeps ice longer. W/ that said, if OB made a cool design on one I'd buy it but it can't just be the logo.

Reactions: M Rose

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Here is a made in USA Aluminium bottle and contact for branding.
https://libertybottles.com
So, I just ordered 3 of these. They are def. made in USA but they are THIN as can be and dent real easy. The lids are also fairly cheap. I got it to replace my hyrdoflask (due to where it's made) and honestly I went back to the hydro.

ironguy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Bisbee, AZ, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Cardinal
Member #

Well, it sounded like a good idea. They have both aluminium and SS. I have no experience I just came across the site after looking for made in USA jugs.
I do have several sizes of Hydroflask and they are indeed wel built.

diabetiktaco

Launch Member

Explorer I

First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Well, it sounded like a good idea. They have both aluminium and SS. I have no experience I just came across the site after looking for made in USA jugs.
I do have several sizes of Hydroflask and they are indeed wel built.
Def. a good idea. I think the site also said the double walled SS bottles are sourced elsewhere. But whatever..