• HTML tutorial

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

Or one of these branded with the logo:

Which has been on my Amazon "good gift idea" list for so long it's no longer available in my size...family never gets the hint....

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
I can probably make this happen. If I get approval from OB And the files I have a buddy that does printing. Would just have to make a form for everyone that once’s one to fill out so we can get sizes and a better idea of price.

Reactions: xLandslidex

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I can probably make this happen. If I get approval from OB And the files I have a buddy that does printing. Would just have to make a form for everyone that once’s one to fill out so we can get sizes and a better idea of price.
Based on previous discussions surrounding members producing OLB branded stuff, M&C are pretty particular about products with their logo and generally seem to discourage it outside of one off items made for personal use.

Keep in mind, this is a business for them and the logos and such are protected by copyrights. I would definitely work with them directly before having anything produced. (I saw you said with their approval, just stating this more for others who may not have thought about it).

All that said, my wife has a cricut and heat press, and I've thought of having her add a simple logo and member number to one. Though, if OLB produced some I'd likely just by theirs.

Last edited:

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Just purchased yesterday, at Costco, for $79, a North Face Wind Wall hoodie jacket. Stretchy, fits great, light weight, takes the edge off the cool evening air, super comfy and would be the coolest OB hoodie around. I’ve seen these at REI for $120. Not sure if water resistant, but maybe a patch sewn on would be doable. I’d buy another for sure! They came in Black, Olive, Gray and Navy. This will become part of my regular Overland wardrobe.IMG_0328.JPG

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Full length zipper would be mandatory. PLUS a Velcro section on the breast area for attachment of a OB patch or the 'adventure is necessary patch'.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I love the ides of OB hoodies I would get one especially if it had member numbers on them
That is why i like the Velcro option, as it would be less involved and cheaper to have a members patch version made, and then applied to the hoodie. I am thinking of doing a black amazon ball-cap that would allow me to put my members patch on it, or another Velcro backed patch. I have a wicked 'honey badger' i really like:grin:

Reactions: brien

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Did somebody say honey badger?
20181029_143746.jpg

Seriously though, I like the idea of a soft shell having Velcro to attach the member number patch, but I would say put it on the sleeve. I envision having the chest embroidered to look like the "Adventure is Necessary" patch and the back embroidered with the "Outfit and Explore" tread. The problem is that embroidery will reduce the water resistance of the soft shell unless sealed correctly.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Did somebody say honey badger?
View attachment 74239

Seriously though, I like the idea of a soft shell having Velcro to attach the member number patch, but I would say put it on the sleeve. I envision having the chest embroidered to look like the "Adventure is Necessary" patch and the back embroidered with the "Outfit and Explore" tread. The problem is that embroidery will reduce the water resistance of the soft shell unless sealed correctly.
True on the embroidery question, good idea on the shoulder location. In that case, Velcro on both shoulders.

Reactions: Jedi

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Why is this not an option yet? (yes, I did check the OB store before posting)

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Pull over or zip-up, I'd buy one. Probably one of each if both were an option. Always like having 1 or 2 in the Jeep as a just in case.

Reactions: T.Shack

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

I would love a pull over hoodie, with our own personal emblem print on the right or left chest pocket on the front and then a big OB logo on the back. I would order that forsure. Size large in grey with black print colorway please :]

Reactions: darjo242

Clayton25

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Brewer
Member #

I love the idea of this and would love to get one if ever available. Would also be cool to get it with Member numbers on it.