OB Gathering with all members invited? - possible?

• HTML tutorial

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

BFE or Sand Flats ?
Area BFE is the plan right now. I have been talking to another land owner in the area but hes OK with ~10 or so rigs.... not 50+ right now.

Yes, Moab(SE Utah) in general should be on everyones bucket list. There are 100s of miles of trails to explore. You can choose to push the limits of your rig and driving ability or you can cruise scenic dirt roads all day long. Its a great place even if you just came to the event 1 day as a pass through on your way to the Utah Traverse, CO Backcountry discovery Route, Kokopelli Trail, or Utah Backcountry Discovery Route.
The plan is for it to be a cheap event to attend.... basically paying for access to the land and a half dozen porta-johns for the long weekend. If people wanted a more formal event with a dinner/event tent then the price would go up to compensate.

RodP

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Barellan Point
Member #

I'm planning a road trip through the US next year and an event like this would be awesome to attend! My only requests would be plenty of notice to allow time for individuals to organize themselves and try to pick a date that doesn't conflict with a major event, eg; Jeep Jamboree.... Location doesn't matter, so you East Coasters and West Coasters can fight that out... I'm pretty sure that once a date has been locked in, anyone that truly wishes to attend will adjust their calender to suit.

Reactions: buckwilk

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Chili, good post. Guys lets work on this, IDEAS ?
Count me in on this trip! The Geographic Center of the United States is near Lebanon Kansas. If this is just going to be a meet and greet, why not have it at some fair grounds which should have plenty of parking. Or how about at a Indian Reservation. I'm sure the Reservation would be happy to make some extra money.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
My experience......BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!!!
If the concern is location, build it CENTRAL to the objective audience.
Land Use Permits must be considered. (regardless of location)
Don't rule out Private Campgrounds, they love the income and have hosted events before. (Think TX=no public lands to host something of this size)
Plan for %100 attendance and be happy with whoever shows up.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Well geographically speaking wouldn't Kansas be a better choice??
Or at least a little more East than Moab or Tx...