Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

I started this on the OB east FB page but there is still quite a large number of members that don’t go on Facebook but use the forums, I want to make sure everyone is aware of this event.

Below is a copy and paste paragraph of what I wrote on the Facebook page

I’m taking initiative and proposing a meet and greet for the whole EAST OB region at the Ashokan Reservoir in Woodstock NY which in my opinion is the most central place i can find.
Thats a 200 mile trip for me each way and i don’t have a problem with that at all because I want to meet real Overland enthusiasts who want to travel and explore. If anyone is interested just comment below. I would like to do this in March. No trails or offroad just a plain ole meet and greet so no rigs are getting scratched here, Will had mentioned a swap meet .. this would be a great venue to sell-trade-buy used and new gear as well
OB 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

I started this on the OB east FB page but there is still quite a large number of members that don’t go on Facebook but use the forums, I want to make sure everyone is aware of this event.

Below is a copy and paste paragraph of what I wrote on the Facebook page

I’m taking initiative and proposing a meet and greet for the whole EAST OB region at the Ashokan Reservoir in Woodstock NY which in my opinion is the most central place i can find.
Thats a 200 mile trip for me each way and i don’t have a problem with that at all because I want to meet real Overland enthusiasts who want to travel and explore. If anyone is interested just comment below. I would like to do this in March. No trails or offroad just a plain ole meet and greet so no rigs are getting scratched here, Will had mentioned a swap meet .. this would be a great venue to sell-trade-buy used and new gear as well
OB 100

Gonna follow this, im in long island ny and would love this, deff gonna try n make time for it. Keep me posted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

Great idea! End of March or early April would be great! Dust of the cob webs and camp for the weekend! Do you have a location in Woodstock in mind?

~Hank
Ashokan Reservoir

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

Let us know when the date is solid. 5 hours from me.
I believe that if we let this thread soak in for about a week we can get a solid of idea who’s going so we can then go ahead and proceed choose a date , it’ll most likely be either mid or late March

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

2 Hrs and 20 mins from me. I can def. make it but would prefer something more than standing around a parking lot..no?
Agreed, already looking into local camping areas to accommodate everyone. Hopefully this will gain enough support to have it become an event for the whole region

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I appreciate you taking the initiative, @ed060784, and appreciate too your posting about it here.

If I'm around, I'm in. It's a little over 300 miles and about 5 hrs each way for me, so I'm sure as hell staying over somewhere if I go, maybe for two nights.

In fact, I think it'd be great if it's done at a time when folks can get there the night before IF they want, then have an all day come and go as you please sort of thing, centered around a late afternoon meal together, then whoever wants or needs to stay over, can.

I'll have some gear to swap/sell, some new, some used.

I have no doubt there are some folks that could share skills too, earlier in the day, if people are interested in that.

A little rig talking, gear-swapping, shooting the shit, pot-luck meal before dark, and campfires if we can.

Oh, personally, I would much rather keep track of this event and how it evolves here in OB, not Fb, so hope it is updated here as well as there.

Last edited:

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

If I'm around, I'm in. It's a little over 300 miles and about 5 hrs each way for me, so I'm sure as hell staying over somewhere if I go, maybe for two nights.

In fact, I think it'd be great if it's done at a time when folks can get there the night before IF they want, then have an all day come and go as you please sort of thing, centered around a late afternoon meal together, then whoever wants or needs to stay over, can. I have no doubt there are some folks that could share skills too, earlier in the day, if people are interested in that.

Oh, personally, I would much rather keep track of this event and how it evolves here in OB, not Fb, so hope it is updated here as well as there.
I like that! I would definitely come down on Friday and stay two nights!

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I don’t own anything to camp in at the time but have been building up supplies. I won’t be ready to camp in NY in March given the cold but I’d def be down to at least hang and learn some stuff. Worst case I’ll eat an MRE with an FRH.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

I appreciate you taking the initiative, @ed060784, and appreciate too your posting about it here.

In fact, I think it'd be great if it's done at a time when folks can get there the night before IF they want, then have an all day come and go as you please sort of thing, centered around a late afternoon meal together, then whoever wants or needs to stay over, can. I have no doubt there are some folks that could share skills too, earlier in the day, if people are interested in that.

HA! I love the last paragraph dude yes I’ll will keep this thread updated , I want to meet more of those who share the same passion as I do and the friends you make from FB are not the same that if you had met them through the forum.

So far the response and activity from this thread has been terrific and I feel that it’s going to be a good event

I’m all in to make it 2 nighter

ed060784

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dracut MA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Fermin
Member #

I don’t own anything to camp in at the time but have been building up supplies. I won’t be ready to camp in NY in March given the cold but I’d def be down to at least hang and learn some stuff. Worst case I’ll eat an MRE with an FRH.
If you wanted to camp you could always sleep inside your truck. But I know what you mean, you should definitely come either way to hang out with everyone all day

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

From what I can see, there isn't any camping in the area that will be open that time of year.

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Well, there is no camping on the reservoir grounds, and the two closest private campgrounds (Ken Wilson & SoHi) both open for biz mid-May. I'm not the organizer here, so will let those in charge set things up the way they think best.