Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

It’s no good telling us to try again later unless you’ve actually fixed something. You’ve shown the problem resolved, and it’s not. You did the same with the problems reported with the members map. If you can’t fix it, you should say so, I know it’s a thankless task and run by unpaid staff, but you lose goodwill by pretending it’s fixed when it’s clearly not fixed. Michael advised me that the whole new app was to be released in June. Nobody has explained why that hasn’t happened yet. Sorry to be a moaning minnie but I’m trying to be a part of the OB community and finding it frustrating. Even simple things like posting a photo ends up going wrong and the same photos get duplicated and repeated. 3DB54FE7-6A12-43D1-B6B4-4EDB4A564A25.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It’s no good telling us to try again later unless you’ve actually fixed something. You’ve shown the problem resolved, and it’s not. You did the same with the problems reported with the members map. If you can’t fix it, you should say so, I know it’s a thankless task and run by unpaid staff, but you lose goodwill by pretending it’s fixed when it’s clearly not fixed. Michael advised me that the whole new app was to be released in June. Nobody has explained why that hasn’t happened yet. Sorry to be a moaning minnie but I’m trying to be a part of the OB community and finding it frustrating. Even simple things like posting a photo ends up going wrong and the same photos get duplicated and repeated. View attachment 108931
You've publicly misrepresented what I stated to you in private. On June 17, 2019 I stated to you, "ETA for deployment on the web is probably a couple months. I'll try to keep you posted. Feel free to reach out as well." That puts new map delivery in August at the soonest, with a "probably".

The new app is to be released "This Summer" that's in the United States. Version .9 of the new app will be released in about a couple weeks to a select few, with 1.0 of the app later this summer.

I understand you are frustrated. We are developing as fast as we can. There is no official support for the app you are trying to use. All our resources are going into the new app. Regardless, we are fixing the login issue.

M

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
OK I will try to answer your concerns and not take issue with how and what you posted.......

It’s no good telling us to try again later unless you’ve actually fixed something. When a person asks for help if it is something I can do, I do it, if it is not, I relay to those that can help, aka usually 1 man, the man who does almost everything around here, and runs the place and works a job and raises a family, but besides that, when he relays back that he found an error and fixed it, I post that it is fixed. So to ease your troubled heart, I aint got time to go posting BS to try and fool you or trick you, I would just let the support needed post sit.

You’ve shown the problem resolved, and it’s not. You did the same with the problems reported with the members map.
See above.

If you can’t fix it, you should say so,
Explained above

I know it’s a thankless task and run by unpaid staff, but you lose goodwill by pretending it’s fixed when it’s clearly not fixed.
Yes unpaid and as I explained the man keeping all this alive for you and I to enjoy has a life that is pushed aside to do this and so much more that nobody on here sees, how about the endless questions from all us staff or the thousands of little glitches in day to day items or the countless other things like setting up runs and on and on, again for you and I ! But by your accusation everyone her goes around pretending to fix things so we can frustrate our members and create more issues, or so I can sit here and explain how utterly dumb it is to even think this, but here I am.....

Michael advised me that the whole new app was to be released in June.
What do you think, could it be that they are still perfecting it so they do not release a bad product? Or maybe that was another story as you like to say is done here....

Nobody has explained why that hasn’t happened yet.
?? really I had no idea anyone had to check in with you. Wonder how many others on here think they need to be personally advised.

Sorry to be a moaning minnie but I’m trying to be a part of the OB community and finding it frustrating.
Now this we can fix and help with, we do not want anyone getting upset and want to help you. Post in the support area, which you do, post the info of system, software and things like that and we will get you help, honest, we will. But dude you got to understand sometimes a fix does not last or maybe there are 2 things causing an error and one was found, or an endless string of other situations, but if a fix is found and tested, you can bet that is was tested and passed, maybe like your case it did not fix things for you, if so say so, no need to flame everybody, we will keep at it till it is fixed.

Even simple things like posting a photo ends up going wrong and the same photos get duplicated and repeated.
Not sure about this, need more details. Did you read about posting photos? Got a link or example?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.