Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Very very nice, we have a Outback, it's her car so upgrades were frowned upon, been doing road trips getting into Ocala N.F. . Showed her pix of your build and she really liked it. She is slowly coming around, thanks for the pix, this could be a major turning point!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

TGF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lunenburg, MA
Member #

Love Suubs and the practicality of wagons. Great to see one being outfitted to further it's competence off-road. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: K7CWJ

K7CWJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Keizer, OR
Member #

thought you guy might enjoy some choice shots from yesterday. These were taken at Browns Camp OHV Park in Tillamook State Park, just about an hour from Portland, OR. There were 22 rigs in our group (mostly FJ Cruisers), but I managed to hold my own in OB#3296 :-) I'll also put together some GoPro footage from a couple trails and link it to my youTube channel soon.
Cheers, guys and gals :-)

BrownsCamp7 05-05-17.jpg
BrownsCamp4 05-05-17.jpg

BrownsCamp9 05-05-17.jpg BrownsCamp6 05-05-17.jpg BrownsCamp5 05-05-17.jpg

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

thought you guy might enjoy some choice shots from yesterday. These were taken at Browns Camp OHV Park in Tillamook State Park, just about an hour from Portland, OR. There were 22 rigs in our group (mostly FJ Cruisers), but I managed to hold my own in OB#3296 :-) I'll also put together some GoPro footage from a couple trails and link it to my youTube channel soon.
Cheers, guys and gals :-)

View attachment 23028
View attachment 23029

View attachment 23034 View attachment 23035 View attachment 23033
Looks awesome! Link to Youtube channel?

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Very nice seeing how these work. Lift installed, tires will be on order within 2 weeks and CB next week.

Reactions: K7CWJ

K7CWJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Keizer, OR
Member #

Weekend project: Custom Traction Jack mounts.

I recently was inspired to build my own set of Traction Jack mounts from scratch (thanks, Wawa Skittletits!) For about $38 in hardware, came up with this little number. It's important to have your traction boards handy when you get stuck, and I didn't want to have to go diving into the Pelican Case after them in a pinch (sorting through all the other stuff piled on top of them - nor would I want to put muddy boards back in there after I was free) So I came up with a pretty basic solution based off what I had seen others do. There is a kit you can buy on Amazon, but I thought I would save the money and do it myself. Also, I threw in a couple of pics of my custom crossbars made from 1x2 aluminum square tube ($30 each), drilled and mounted to where the tie-down rings used to be. They are WAY stronger that the factory ones and do not flex! I built them because I wasn't happy at how high up the Yakima basket sat on the factory crossbars. Now the basket sits lower and to me, looks right now.
IMG_7440.jpg
IMG_7434.jpg
IMG_7438.jpg
Heavy wall shrinkwrap installed

IMG_7446.jpg CB antenna caps for when not in use
IMG_7447.jpg Moving right along
IMG_7459.jpg Custom Crossbars
IMG_7449.jpg

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits