NW Washington, the first meetup of 2019 is posted! Save the date January 19, 2019

• HTML tutorial

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
With the holidays out of the way, it is time to come together and plan for 2019. Please join us at scenic Fort Casey in Coupeville, WA between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm for a no-host picnic and discussion. Then spend some time walking the grounds of this beautiful historic piece of the Triangle of Fire. While on the traveling across the island, make sure to set aside an hour to explore Deception Pass and take in the stunning view.

[Rally Point]

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

With the holidays out of the way, it is time to come together and plan for 2019. Please join us at scenic Fort Casey in Coupeville, WA between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm for a no-host picnic and discussion. Then spend some time walking the grounds of this beautiful historic piece of the Triangle of Fire. While on the traveling across the island, make sure to set aside an hour to explore Deception Pass and take in the stunning view.

[Rally Point]
I thought it was “The Iron Triangle”, probably both!

Reactions: Jedi

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

This one didn't get on the map either!

Its not even on the Upcoming Member event list.

You clicking the buttons wrong or something?

-jim lee

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
I am doing everything by the book. I can't wait for the new system to be in place! @Michael

Reactions: RainGoat

TronYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhododendron, OR, USA
Member #

[Rally Point]
I was excited to attend, but I just realized I have to work that weekend. Do you all do meetups frequently?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Mrs Lorax and I may drive over for this. We’ve been wanting to go to Whidby.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

[Rally Point]
Can you make me an admin on the RP please.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
No worries, there is always February. Do you usually work Saturdays?

SEAcruiser6186

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
DeWees
Member #

We're just getting settled back in to Seattle (moved up from PHX) and we are looking forward to getting out and exploring with fellow enthusiast. We're excited to attend this first meetup of 2019.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

Myself and my gf are planning to head up there for this and were wanting to make a little trip out of it seeing how we have a 3 day weekend. I'm looking for recommendations from locals as to good stuff to see/do in this area. I don't mind island hopping either (if you guys call it that up there).

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Myself and my gf are planning to head up there for this and were wanting to make a little trip out of it seeing how we have a 3 day weekend. I'm looking for recommendations from locals as to good stuff to see/do in this area. I don't mind island hopping either (if you guys call it that up there).
Deception Pass is a must if you haven't seen it already. Fort Ebey and Fort Casey are both pretty neat. If you are looking for more remote, Blue Lake is super beautiful. Although snow is probably an issue. The Reserve is awesome. Coupville is cool. There are many things to do on the Island.

Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

If you want to stick with the Fort theme, you can visit Fort Ebey Start Park to the north of Fort Casey. You can also take the ferry to Port Townsend and hit up the other two forts, Fort Worden State Park and Fort Flagler Historical State Park. If you are looking for a drive, Mountain Loop Highway is always a beautiful drive.
Also Camp Hayden in Salt Creek Recreation Area is pretty neat. Not a fort but definitely a military site. They used to have large (and I mean huge) artillery.

Gabriel Bozeman