Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
Gabriel,

A few of us are chatting about the idea of going up from Chumstick through sections 5 and 6 of the WABDR into Canada and on to the BCOR the following weekend. It would be nice to pay back our Canadian friends who come to visit, and an awsome chance to cover a few back country miles in Canada as well. Thoughts?

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Gabriel,

A few of us are chatting about the idea of going up from Chumstick through sections 5 and 6 of the WABDR into Canada and on to the BCOR the following weekend. It would be nice to pay back our Canadian friends who come to visit, and an awsome chance to cover a few back country miles in Canada as well. Thoughts?
I love the idea, but unfortunately I won't be able to join. Got other items planned already.

• Wow
Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
They changed the dates. June 18-21. Unfortunately I can only go for a day... Have to be in Bend OR. on the 20th...

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

We'll most likely be there, either on our way back from Alaska, or on our route up. Still working those details out. Ray Hyland and Mario break the camp out as a Quiet Side, the OB Team has always been in the Noisy Section.
After much dialogue at work and with the Mrs., it's sad to announce that we aren't going to make it to N.W.O.R... I need the extra 6 days in June, to make sure I break Quota... We'll run up to Whistler the following weekend to attend the B.C.O.R. and then make our way over to Okanagan valley. Then back home by 4th of July. No Alaska this year. Not sure how I'm going to burn all my "PTO". . . I guess several 4/5 day weekends. DG

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
After much dialogue at work and with the Mrs., it's sad to announce that we aren't going to make it to N.W.O.R... I need the extra 6 days in June, to make sure I break Quota... We'll run up to Whistler the following weekend to attend the B.C.O.R. and then make our way over to Okanagan valley. Then back home by 4th of July. No Alaska this year. Not sure how I'm going to burn all my "PTO". . . I guess several 4/5 day weekends. DG
There is going to be a regional campout here in the La Grande, Walla Walla, Lewiston triangle over Labor Day Weekend... the details are still being worked out.

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

That's asinine, outdoor shenanigans is the best remedy for this kinda nonsense. Fresh air and activities build strong immune systems, along with healthy diets. Not staying cooped up in houses. Granted I know for most areas, in the US, we can go on walks and what not but still.

purdytj

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Tacoma, WA
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7PXG
That's asinine, outdoor shenanigans is the best remedy for this kinda nonsense. Fresh air and activities build strong immune systems, along with healthy diets. Not staying cooped up in houses. Granted I know for most areas, in the US, we can go on walks and what not but still.
Well, I hear you but have been to the rally twice. There are certainly MANY people there, sharing porta-potties, huddled up around a giant "burn it" fire pit, and drinking libations under various awnings until the wee hours. Rallies with many people just are not wise. Think about the liability potential now too for the organizers - not worth the risk.

Am I taking my own family outdoors? Absolutely.