Not exactly an Overland trailer but what the wife's wants

• HTML tutorial

Seanrcaldwell

Rank II

Advocate I

About a year ago the wife bought a 97 Fleetwood pop-up camper for $500 and told me "its in a little rough shape But it's nothing you can't fix" lol

So come to find out there saw extensive water damage in the front of the trailer.

So I had to pull every thing out and replaced the floor. Witch I didn't get any pics of the subfloor but I pulled all the sh!ty osb out and put down 3/4 treated plywood. Rebuilt the front storage box. Then laid down some vinyl flooring.

And pulled all the sh!ty pvc shell off the out side of the top.

Then rolled on 5 gallons of this letting it dry between coats.

Witch that brings me to my current project. Since I got some free 3/4 and 1/4" plywood at work this week I built 2 new kitchen benches for it today.

I hope since I've got an install coming up this week I can score some more free plywood to finish up the rest of the cabinets.

Seanrcaldwell

Rank II

Advocate I

yeah im there too lol and replacing the floor was more work then I really wanted to do but if she ain't happy no one is happy lol and thats a nice camper u have there

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

A buddy of mine bought a similar pop-up to pull behind his 72 Jeep Wagoneer. He modified the suspension giving it about a 2" lift for larger AT tires and higher ground clearance. This allowed him to run moderate trails that otherwise might not have been accessible.

Seanrcaldwell

Rank II

Advocate I

yeah iv seen that done but this is the wife's camper so its not getting taller. I do have a trailer I'll be starting as soon as I finish hers and that well be for overlanding.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

yeah iv seen that done but this is the wife's camper so its not getting taller. I do have a trailer I'll be starting as soon as I finish hers and that well be for overlanding.
You'll be surprised at how much ass it drags pulling out of cruddy gas station curbs and the like. After you rip off a stabilizer or two you'll change your tune!

[emoji57]

cougargnw

Rank III

Advocate I

That's awesome work! We retired our pop up a couple years ago for a traditional camper. Our pop up towed horrible with every vehicle we had, I would suggest a anti sway bar for your hitch. You did some awesome work that you both will enjoy for many years, great job!

Reactions: Seanrcaldwell

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

You'll be surprised at how much ass it drags pulling out of cruddy gas station curbs and the like. After you rip off a stabilizer or two you'll change your tune!

[emoji57]
Had a box trailer like that, ended up welding a couple skids on the rear frame members; worked like a charm! (minus the streaks left on the pavement, but that's the civil engineer's fault ;) )

Awesome restoration!

Seanrcaldwell

Rank II

Advocate I

That's awesome work! We retired our pop up a couple years ago for a traditional camper. Our pop up towed horrible with every vehicle we had, I would suggest a anti sway bar for your hitch. You did some awesome work that you both will enjoy for many years, great job!
Thanks and its got one already luckily