Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Just joined Overland Bound.

I am a Brit (English) living in Sandnes, Norway (for 25 years).

We have 2 Arctic Trucks (Toyota Hilux AT35 & AT37) which we use to conduct trips & expeditions around Scandinavia.

Our prime focus the last few years has been local around Norway, with expedition trips to Denmark, Faroe Islands and multiple expeditions to Iceland (we are just about to leave for Iceland again for 6 weeks expedition - check my profile / website).

If you are interested in meeting up, or discussing future expedition options, feel free to contact me.

ICE2017 Hekla.jpg

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Neil,

A very welcome to OB and I hope you will show us, and not only here in the europe section, loads of stories and pictures of your trips to Iceland, Norway and the islands.
Lets hope we can do a trip next year to Norway/Sweden to do some nice laning.

Love to see more.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Neil,

A very welcome to OB and I hope you will show us, and not only here in the europe section, loads of stories and pictures of your trips to Iceland, Norway and the islands.
Lets hope we can do a trip next year to Norway/Sweden to do some nice laning.

Love to see more.

Greetings from Robert

Hei Robert

Thanks a lot for your message.
Good to start connecting with OB Members & Crew.

Yes, I am working on it........posting as much as I can over the last 3 days and more today, as we leave Norway for our Iceland 6 weeks expedition tomorrow....
Please take a look at what I have put out there so far on OB, and let me know what you think.

Would be good to meet up when you visit Norway - lots of good stuff to see over here :)

Follow us over the next 6 weeks, as we circumnavigate Iceland, and take on some of their most challenging mountain (F) roads and river crossings.
www.ice2017.no

Cheers
Neil

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Looking at taking a month next summer to take an expedition up to Nordkapp. Would love to pick your brain on terrain and how best to plan the route.

Also enjoy Iceland.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lOkjAQ2Kp5rf2NN63F43REbOA3I&usp=sharing

Photographically I have mapped most the major spots feel free to use the map for your trip! It has global pins but just focus on Iceland and it should come to be of use!

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Looking at taking a month next summer to take an expedition up to Nordkapp. Would love to pick your brain on terrain and how best to plan the route.

Also enjoy Iceland.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lOkjAQ2Kp5rf2NN63F43REbOA3I&usp=sharing

Photographically I have mapped most the major spots feel free to use the map for your trip! It has global pins but just focus on Iceland and it should come to be of use!

Hei
Thanks for your message and map link.
Your Nordkapp trip looks awesome.
I can try and help you when I return from Iceland and our ongoing Iceland adventure.
www.ice2017.no
Lets keep in touch.
Cheers
Neil :)

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hei Marco
Good to hear from you.
If you are passing through the Sandnes / Stavanger region, please contact me.
Happy to help.
Sounds like a great trip...
Cheers
Neil :)