Northwest Overland Rally 2017

• HTML tutorial

Have you been to the Northwest Overland Rally?

• Yes! Loved it! Going again this year!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Yes, but not going this year because my mother-in-law is visiting.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No, but I'm going this year!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No, but I'm thinking about it.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, maybe, what was the question?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

I see registration is open for this year's event, but don't see a current thread. Not sure of the etiquette here, but tossing this out there. Maybe this could be a central place to exchange information and answer questions from us newbies about the event.

So, anyone going? Been before? Recommend what to bring/leave home? Ideas to enhance the experience? Things to see?

This will be my first visit. What should I expect to come away with?

I do know there are a few seminars on the calendar that look interesting and a few venders I'd like to visit. Here's the website I found for the event.

Anyone want to convoy up from the PDX area?

Reactions: NW David

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

I have never been to a rally like this, but am really looking at this one being my first. Can anyone tell me if I showed up in my big ol' Ford Excursion if I'd be laughed off campus? Don't know if these are certain vehicle brand/model centric or not. I have a buddy that might go with and we'll fly fish our way home down the Wenatchee and Yakima rivers.

Reactions: steve_birdsall

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

I have never been to a rally like this, but am really looking at this one being my first. Can anyone tell me if I showed up in my big ol' Ford Excursion if I'd be laughed off campus? Don't know if these are certain vehicle brand/model centric or not. I have a buddy that might go with and we'll fly fish our way home down the Wenatchee and Yakima rivers.
Shouldn't matter what you drive...I'll be packing a few rods along and some tying stuff for the evening. Maybe see you there!

Reactions: NW David

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I went to this rally last year and had a great time. Noone is going to laugh at your rig. There is a little of everything that shows up from Subarus with a RTT to monster RV type platforms that look like they were part of some kind of DIY welding competition.

Reactions: NWNavigator

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Sweetness! Signing up for this later for sure

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I lied, not intentionally! More changed my mind really ended up signing up with a different group for the same weekend. This rally is much larger than I expected.

Still though, seems like a blast for the rest of you!

aaa247

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Long Beach, CA
Member #

Is anyone from California going? I'm planning a solo trip to the expo and if anyone want's to tag along your welcome!

Last edited:

Rictor

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mililani, HI, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Rictor
Member #

The family and I will be headed back from our road trip through Moab and most of Utah when this starts. We might have to speed things up a bit to make this Rally! Great way to end a 2.5 week camping trip.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Since there seems to be several members heading to Plain, WA in June for this event I've added it to the calendar. Maybe a good chance to meet-up with members from all around the Northwest... including those Canadians, eh? Perhaps we should plan a group breakfast on Friday or Saturday morning before the fun starts? I will gladly host it at my place, wherever that might be....

Thoughts?

Deschutescamp-1002.jpg