Northwest Overland Rally 2017

• HTML tutorial

Have you been to the Northwest Overland Rally?

• Yes! Loved it! Going again this year!

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Yes, but not going this year because my mother-in-law is visiting.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No, but I'm going this year!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No, but I'm thinking about it.

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, maybe, what was the question?

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Hey Weave

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meridian, ID
Member #

Will anyone be at the rally on Friday? Unfortunately due to other commitments it is the only day I can go. Would be awesome to meet some of the PNW people.
We should be there late tomorrow afternoon. We pulled out of Banff a day early due to rain of biblical proportions. Drying out in Coeur d'Alene tonight and headed that way after we check out downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

We are currently refitting and replenishing in Leavenworth and are heading north in the morning.

I'm hoping, like in Flagstaff this year, there's some leeway on going in early so we can set up before the rain starts in earnest.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Will anyone be at the rally on Friday? Unfortunately due to other commitments it is the only day I can go. Would be awesome to meet some
Will be there mid-day friday thru sunday morning, lucky we can come at all. We are caravanning with a non OB friend. Look for the old black yota truck by a new silver tacoma.

tbisaacs

Rank III

Advocate I

Renton, WA
Member #

A few of us are meeting at 1pm at the Shell/truck stop in North bend if anyone wants to join. Plan was to take NF-7000 off of 97 into Leavenworth.

I'm Travis Isaacs on Facebook messenger if anyone wants to meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

We are heading south out of town in a 1/2 hour. Will camp out in the late arrival area tonight and crawl in, in the morning. We will be in an dark grey Xterra with Bc plates, cvt rtt, Canadian flag on the cb antenna and OB flag on the trasharoo.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NetDep

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Having a great time!! Lots of vendors, lots to learn and got the drone up for a little bit -- it was quite windy most of the day and hope to get her up again but here is a quick clip.....

https://www.skypixel.com/share/video/look-at-this-amazing-piece-i-shot-with-my-phantom-4-9c5dd378-8a49-4f8d-a62f-d0e7642dd295

Classes on solar panels, ham radio and pediatric first aid (taught by a pediatrician) which were all excellent. Also - seeing the newest ideas for gear and vehicles. This is always a treat....sorry to sound like a cheerleader but I kinda am!!

Disappointed that there is not an organized OB presence -- hint @Michael & @Corrie -- I did see two other OB hats but a booth with gear/recruitment would have been nice.

Back tomorrow for some last minute pics, maybe a drone flight and the Utah roundtable!!!

Happy wheeling -- this is just the shot in the arm I need for the summer and upcoming trip to Moab in August --- yeah, I know hot as all get out but it is when I got the time off!!

*Edit - my access to a computer/time was scant and did not see the announced arrivals of other OB members so apologies (kinda) for the rant.......

Edit to add the YouTube video that is a more complete from the footage on Friday....

Last edited: