Launch Member

Traveler I

Cripple Creek Colorado
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Miller
Member #

We will be just south of Silverton on the night of the 3rd. You can find us there or in Silverton on the morning of the 4th. Which ever works.

Do you have a HAM radio?
I will most likely drive down the night of the 3rd and try to meet up with you guys. Unfortunately I do not have a HAM radio. Hoping to get one soon.

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
My wife and I will be driving down from Northern Utah. We can meet in Silverton on the morning of the 4th. Looking fwd to meeting everyone.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

We are going to have a meeting point in Silverton on the morning of the 4th for anyone that wants to join up. Brian (SF Bay Area member who is driving to Albuquerque on the 2nd) and I will be headed up on the 3rd and camping a little bit south of Silverton on the night of the 3rd - I will post a link to a Google Map that I am working on where we will be that night - if you come up on the 3rd and want to hook up with us at that camp prior to going to Silverton on the 4th, that would be great.

Which route are you taking to get there?
I will be taking I-25 south to Hwy. 24 West to Hwy. 285 South, then Hwy. 50 West to Montrose, then south on 550 to Ouray/Silverton. I looked at the campsite you have listed for Thursday night and I think I may be camping on my own that night just because I'm coming from the north, and it's another 1:15 from Ouray to get down to that campsite. So I think I may just camp somewhere near Ouray that night and drive to the Rally Point in Silverton on Friday morning. Also, know of any easily accessible campsites near Ouray?

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

My wife and I will be driving down from Northern Utah. We can meet in Silverton on the morning of the 4th. Looking fwd to meeting everyone.
If you're looking to camp a little further north in the Ouray-ish area on the night of the 3rd, let me know! I'll be coming from north too.

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
If you're looking to camp a little further north in the Ouray-ish area on the night of the 3rd, let me know! I'll be coming from north too.
That Thurs., the 3rd, will be a very long day for me. I'm not going to be able to make it all the way. I have a hotel in Montrose that night. It will be a short drive for us on Fri. then.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Ok - final call. We have 6 on the confirmed list. For those that are going (and anyone that still wants to), please shoot me an email (ryan@overlandbound.com) so that I can send a final email to everyone and get contact information for those going.

Thanks - looking forward to it!

jcott329

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Columbus, MS
Member #

So are you planning on starting to hit the trails from Silverton at 0830 on the 4th? If so I wouldn't be able to come up until later in the day (1500 or so). Any chance of meeting up with everyone or will you guys be too far into the trails by then?