Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Cool idea to start a joint journey to the Rally Point. @XC70_OVERLANDER Thanks for setting up the RP for this. Maybe you guys from the north of Germany could pickup @Bengt N when he leaves the ferry and is heading towards OTTO?

I guess we have also some members from the mid/ south where it might make sennse to travel in convoy. @NotGumby, @MazeVX @Charlie2604 , @Moritz Jung , what about you guys?

I will be in the area the week before already, but for the return trip we can make a convoy like last year or so if you like.

Bjoern

Moritz Jung

Rank VI

Explorer I

Kleinostheim, Bavaria, Germany
First Name
Moritz
Last Name
Jung
Member #

Cool idea to start a joint journey to the Rally Point. @XC70_OVERLANDER Thanks for setting up the RP for this. Maybe you guys from the north of Germany could pickup @Bengt N when he leaves the ferry and is heading towards OTTO?

I guess we have also some members from the mid/ south where it might make sennse to travel in convoy. @NotGumby, @MazeVX @Charlie2604 , @Moritz Jung , what about you guys?

I will be in the area the week before already, but for the return trip we can make a convoy like last year or so if you like.

Bjoern
Good idea.
I'd be down for driving there and back in a convoy.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Bjoern
Hallo Bjorn
I’m going to be in Germany earlier so our last stop befor Otto is Uslar witch we are Living in the morning 7 of August and of to Ottos. Perhaps Thats a better point to join in the convoj
Or just migt a tip for us of a senic road who vill leed us to a pick up point
WBR
Bengt N

Reactions: El-Dracho

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Jeah sure no problem, just don't have precise plan at the moment, not sure if I have the Friday off or not. If I need to work then I have no idea when we start

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hallo Bjorn
I’m going to be in Germany earlier so our last stop befor Otto is Uslar witch we are Living in the morning 7 of August and of to Ottos. Perhaps Thats a better point to join in the convoj
WBR
Bengt N
Hi Bengt,

West of Uslar you have the river Weser. Very scenic area. Also the area a bit northwest of Uslar is very nice. It is called Teutoburg forest. Check it out. Scenic landscapes, a bit hilly and some history to see there. For example the city of Detmold with the old castle and the Hermann Monument nearby which was built in the 19th century to commemorate the Cheruscan commander Arminius and his victory over Rome in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in 9 AD. There are also some breweries there, e.g. the Strate Brewery in Detmold or the Rheder Brewery near Brakel - as I know that you are interested in brewing.

How much time do you have there in the area? I grew up not far from there and can recommend you a lot there. What interests you the most? More cities or nature?

If you come from the area around Uslar just follow the side roads (avoid highways in the navi), then you will come pretty much through the former German-German border area on the way to the expo. This is also very interesting. There is for example the Grenzland Museum in Eichsfeld about the german german border.

@XC70_OVERLANDER Thore, what would be a good meeting point on your way to meetup with Bengt?

Cheers,
Bjoern

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Bjorn
WBR
Bengt N
Hi Bengt,

West of Uslar you have the river Weser. Very scenic area. Also the area a bit northwest of Uslar is very nice. It is called Teutoburg forest. Check it out. Scenic landscapes, a bit hilly and some history to see there. For example the city of Detmold with the old castle and the Hermann Monument nearby which was built in the 19th century to commemorate the Cheruscan commander Arminius and his victory over Rome in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in 9 AD. There are also some breweries there, e.g. the Strate Brewery in Detmold or the Rheder Brewery near Brakel - as I know that you are interested in brewing.

How much time do you have there in the area? I grew up not far from there and can recommend you a lot there. What interests you the most? More cities or nature?

If you come from the area around Uslar just follow the side roads (avoid highways in the navi), then you will come pretty much through the former German-German border area on the way to the expo. This is also very interesting. There is for example the Grenzland Museum in Eichsfeld about the german german border.

@XC70_OVERLANDER Thore, what would be a good meeting point on your way to meetup with Bengt?

Cheers,
Bjoern
Hi Bjorn
Thanks for the tio.
For us it is more nature then cities and some history.
We way it all you migt say
WBR
Bengt N

Moritz Jung

Rank VI

Explorer I

First Name
Moritz
Last Name
Jung
Member #

Hi, everyone. We are arriving on friday. The route goes via Mannheim, Frankfurt and also Eisenach.
Then you are going on A5 and A4 same way as we do but we are starting in Gießen
I'm going the same way but I'm starting on A45 near Aschaffenburg.
I could join you in Gießen.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Yes or what would probably be easier on a parking or Raststätte on the A5 because over here there's nothing on the autobahn, let me check that and I'll edit the post in a few minutes...

Edit: check Raststätte Reinhardshain Süd, that would be ideal.

Moritz Jung

Rank VI

Explorer I

First Name
Moritz
Last Name
Jung
Member #

Yes or what would probably be easier on a parking or Raststätte on the A5 because over here there's nothing on the autobahn, let me check that and I'll edit the post in a few minutes...

Yes, that's perfect.
I probably won't get the Friday off, so I will start in the afternoon.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hallo Bjorn
WBR
Bengt N
Hi Bengt,

Cheers,
Bjoern
Hej. I will try to work something out.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Wow, I see we have two convoys then, one from the south and one from the north. Cool.

@NotGumby Rick, what about you, would the convoy from Rhine Main also be an option for you?
Hey Björn- Since I’m working that Friday, I’ll be heading over from Wiesbaden between 15-16:00.

Moritz Jung

Rank VI

Explorer I

First Name
Moritz
Last Name
Jung
Member #

Hi Mathias,
do you already know when you will start?
I think I can make it between 16:30 and 17:00 to Raststätte Reinhardshein Süd.

Reactions: MazeVX