Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I'm not sure there is around Palouse Falls but then again I can't get too far off the beaten path when I'm driving the work truck. I think alot of the land around there is ranch land, I know the HU Ranch is not too far before the falls but I'm not sure if they allow dispersed camping on the land. It looks like an awesome ranch. Maybe worth a stop to see on a pre run trip?

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I was looking at this spot across from the falls. GAIA private lands map layer doesn’t list an owner, so idk if dispersed is allowed.
46.66320, -118.22491
5F367CD7-E7CB-4868-902A-847BB51F757B.png

As an alternative nearby on the river is a rec site, not glamorous but camping is allowed on the boat ramp side.
46.58072, -118.08892
983766A0-0F30-4FC9-B881-ACC490796C76.png

Monumental Rock (spotted and journaled by Lewis & Clark) looks interesting
46.59201, -118.46697

FACB09C4-0220-4855-91C6-08134FB81C7A.png
Feb 25th a couple rigs may blitz down to scope it out

Reactions: SashaLee

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I can't remember where but there was a discussion about going the other side of the Falls from Riparia but I thought it was found out that the roads there were gated. I remember there being lots of cows on the other side so I assumed it was ranch land.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I can't remember where but there was a discussion about going the other side of the Falls from Riparia but I thought it was found out that the roads there were gated. I remember there being lots of cows on the other side so I assumed it was ranch land.
It might very well be the situation, that’s why Riparia would be a possible option. Friday night at Juniper Dunes, maybe go see Monumental Rock, Palouse Falls, then camp at Riparia.

Reactions: SashaLee

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I will if we have service, otherwise it will likely be the spot on the GPX file. We will be rolling in around 8ish

Reactions: G.Goodwin

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

I know there is some talk of a trail cleanup down South of Lewiston in April. Not trying to deter anyone from that trip but I am planning a North Idaho camping trip or two in April myself. If your interested let me know. Temps are rising and rain is coming. Snow will be going fast in the lower Valleys in the next 5 weeks and I am planning some day trips to check out the progress.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I know there is some talk of a trail cleanup down South of Lewiston in April. Not trying to deter anyone from that trip but I am planning a North Idaho camping trip or two in April myself. If your interested let me know. Temps are rising and rain is coming. Snow will be going fast in the lower Valleys in the next 5 weeks and I am planning some day trips to check out the progress.
What are the dates you are looking at and I can post them on the forum. If you come this Sunday to the meet up we can discuss them and let everyone know!

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

What are the dates you are looking at and I can post them on the forum. If you come this Sunday to the meet up we can discuss them and let everyone know!
April 22, 23

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Dave do you have a rally point set up yet for your trip? Will you be there this Sunday to discuss it?

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Dave do you have a rally point set up yet for your trip? Will you be there this Sunday to discuss it?
Kjard95 is leading the one that has a RP setup already

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

Sorry, weather has been uncooperative this year. I was up North today and the mountains got snow again last night. I am waiting to see what the weather does in the next fee weeks. I will day run again on the 15th. So if anyone wants to join me on that? I will make a rally point for the 15th. I also leave for Utah trip the middle of May that I am getting ready for.

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

Attachments

Reactions: PapaDave and Ebbs