BigBird

Rank I

Contributor III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
So going off what we discussed at the Meet @PapaDave hosted 1/8, and trying to organize some monthly trips, I figured I'd start a thread for ideas and discussion. I know right now locations are limited due to weather, but some may know of some areas that are still accessible and might be worth just getting out and seeing. But also thinking about going forward, getting ideas out there so folks can throw out areas they want to see/visit and we can decide on a sort of schedule/plan so folks can arrange time if need be. I have a thousand places I want to visit that I know of, and probably a million more I don't know of.

I know we discussed the Snake River/Lewiston area might be good for March...Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Any ideas for the rest of the year? areas you want to go explore? I'll start (most of mine are just areas I want to go explore rather than specific spots)
Salmo Mountain Lookout
Shorty Peak
Burton Peak
Sherman Pass
Hungry Horse Dam
Snyder Guard Station Historical District
Breeden Falls
Juniper Dunes Wilderness
Sugar Loaf Lookout (been there but LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat)
Wallowa Lake area
Steen's Mountains/Alvord Desert (been there many times... never out on the flats though)

Tagging those that were at the meeting but EVERYONE please feel free to chime in!
@Mountaintrails71
@brewerrob
@Mitch&TigaB
@Sandpoint Steve
@Big Red Burb
@Señor Steve
@G.Goodwin

did the group die out? Just saw the last post in April of this year. Looking to see whats going on for the coming year if this is still active.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Still a very active group. We have just mainly been talking on the North Idaho Meetup forum page instead of here

Reactions: Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
So going off what we discussed at the Meet @PapaDave hosted 1/8, and trying to organize some monthly trips, I figured I'd start a thread for ideas and discussion. I know right now locations are limited due to weather, but some may know of some areas that are still accessible and might be worth just getting out and seeing. But also thinking about going forward, getting ideas out there so folks can throw out areas they want to see/visit and we can decide on a sort of schedule/plan so folks can arrange time if need be. I have a thousand places I want to visit that I know of, and probably a million more I don't know of.

I know we discussed the Snake River/Lewiston area might be good for March...Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Any ideas for the rest of the year? areas you want to go explore? I'll start (most of mine are just areas I want to go explore rather than specific spots)
Salmo Mountain Lookout
Shorty Peak
Burton Peak
Sherman Pass
Hungry Horse Dam
Snyder Guard Station Historical District
Breeden Falls
Juniper Dunes Wilderness
Sugar Loaf Lookout (been there but LOVED it and would go back in a heartbeat)
Wallowa Lake area
Steen's Mountains/Alvord Desert (been there many times... never out on the flats though)

Tagging those that were at the meeting but EVERYONE please feel free to chime in!
@Mountaintrails71
@brewerrob
@Mitch&TigaB
@Sandpoint Steve
@Big Red Burb
@Señor Steve
@G.Goodwin

did the group die out? Just saw the last post in April of this year. Looking to see whats going on for the coming year if this is still active.
Nope been very active, and actually will be hosting a meetup at my place on Jan 6th to plan at least through May the weekends for our trips, so that people can plan time off a bit easier (last year was pretty much month to month)
I'll get the rally point up soon
But here's where we've put everything

BigBird

Rank I

Contributor III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Reactions: PapaDave

BigBird

Rank I

Contributor III

Rathdrum, ID, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Hudson
Let us know if we need to have a meetup to help out

wow thanks that's kind of you/ I have a small shop and lots of tools so I think I can get through. I will yell if I cant.

just doing all my solar / electrical/ water / cabinets now. I have a gladiator with a GFC camper on it but have to build out the bed and onboard air

Reactions: Ebbs and G.Goodwin

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Nope been very active, and actually will be hosting a meetup at my place on Jan 6th to plan at least through May the weekends for our trips, so that people can plan time off a bit easier (last year was pretty much month to month)
I'll get the rally point up soon
But here's where we've put everything
[URL unfurl="tru

e"]US Northwest - North Idaho Meet Up- Eastern WA and Western Montana

is there a face book group by any chance?
There is it's not olb affiliated, but it's the same group of people

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Glad you’ll make it! Last week we did a snow run for Christmas Trees, it was good to see people!
7F9C22E6-5822-4F77-BC4D-0A4ED472ABB8.jpeg0B6F45FD-3E1F-4A1B-A6C9-5B1D3B32BB54.jpeg

Reactions: Ebbs and AcJ