North Georgia Tourist Trip

• HTML tutorial

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

My wife and I set out this morning for a short (3 night) camping trip to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. We aren't riding any dirt but we are tent camping and eating out of the cooler for the trip. I would like to hit some trails but the boss says we shouldn't until we get some real tires, the F150 still has the stock Pirelli rubber.

Anyways I'm going to try to upload some pictures of the trip as we go. I've never documented a vacation before, so this is an adventure too.

Picture is our camp site on the back side of Stone Mountain.

Attachments

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

Staying at Stone Mountain tonight. Tomorrow is Hiawassee and the Georgia Mountain Fair. Then Thursday will be Tallulah Falls.

I tried a few of the links from Georgia Overland but couldn't figure out how to make it work with Gaia on my phone. I'll have to tinker with it some more. Thank you for the heads up.

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I appreciate it! I got the maps to work finally. I think we're going to take some back roads from Helen to Hiawassee tomorrow morning. Let me get my fix in so the missus doesn't have to hear me fuss.

Reactions: MVO

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

Day 2

We took Tray Mountain Rd north of Helen. Stopped halfway to scout some possible future camp sites, wound up picking up trash that was there, and eased on. It was a beautiful drive, I'm glad we took the time to go off the beaten path.

We just set up camp and had lunch, next up is the Georgia Mountain Fair in Hiawassee.

20161012_120437.jpg
20161012_113823.jpg

Runamok

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gainesville, Florida
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4NWP
I live in Florida and we do trail rides now and then but it's not to exciting. I would love to go on some trails with a purpose for great scenery and camping etc.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: WillRunner

WillRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loganville, GA
Member #

I live in Florida and we do trail rides now and then but it's not to exciting. I would love to go on some trails with a purpose for great scenery and camping etc.

If you decide to come up this way, let me know, I'd love to meet up with you at a trail head... maybe even extend the invitation to others and see about doing a group trip.

Esteban

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chattanooga, TN 37406
Member #

Ever do any of the Georgia Traverse?

We did the Central and Eastern sections back in the fall. Very nice rides, nothing extreme but you definitely spend the entire day behind the wheel. There is a thread somewhere on here about a May 7th weekend trip with the goal of completing the entire thing.