Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I’ve stumbled upon this route. (Trans Mass Trail) it’s a mix of pavement and dirt/gravel roads. I thought about checking it out, but I don’t have a garmin nav to plug in the file. I have an app but not sure how well it will work.

https://advtracks.online/tracks/view/414_trans-mass_trail
I looked into this last year. From my research I found that only motorcycles were allowed on those trails. I think full sized vehicles were too big for their laws

12AMJKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hadley Massachusetts
First Name
Tim
Last Name
L
Member #

I looked into this last year. From my research I found that only motorcycles were allowed on those trails. I think full sized vehicles were too big for their laws
Really? I was under the impression they were roads just not upkept by the towns. ‍♂

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Really? I was under the impression they were roads just not upkept by the towns. ‍♂
That would certainly be prefered. This was a year ago but I think they have a weight cap on the vehicles that can travel those roads. For some reason I remember 1000 pounds or something. But if you find out something different. That would be awesome news. Iv been wanting to do that for over a year now

Edit: did a quick search. Mostly all of the trails in mass are OHV areas. They’re all state forest. But they don’t classify jeeps or other road SUV’s as OHV’s or off highway vehicles. Those trails are for atv’s and motorcycles.

But if you want, New Hampshire isn’t too far away. There’s some nice class 6 roads

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Outdoors

12AMJKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hadley Massachusetts
First Name
Tim
Last Name
L
Member #

That would certainly be prefered. This was a year ago but I think they have a weight cap on the vehicles that can travel those roads. For some reason I remember 1000 pounds or something. But if you find out something different. That would be awesome news. Iv been wanting to do that for over a year now

Edit: did a quick search. Mostly all of the trails in mass are OHV areas. They’re all state forest. But they don’t classify jeeps or other road SUV’s as OHV’s or off highway vehicles. Those trails are for atv’s and motorcycles.

But if you want, New Hampshire isn’t too far away. There’s some nice class 6 roads
Yes, I called up one day to verify that at state parks and was disappointed. There is all so a route that starts in Ma and I believe goes all the way to canada via VT called the puppy dog route. Which is all dirt not sure if that are considered class 6, I think they are just VT roads.

12AMJKU

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hadley Massachusetts
First Name
Tim
Last Name
L
Member #

There is a guy who made a video of the trans mass trail on you tube. I wrote him a bit ago and he said it’s a go.
IMG_0936.JPG

Cpol

Rank IX
Launch Member

World Traveler III

Jackson Heights, Queens, NY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Pol
Member #

Reactions: Nomadik Nova