North-East OB presence?

• HTML tutorial

matto

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
I'm in the lower NY Hudson Valley area. I'm a total novice with a Chevy Colorado looking to try some easy / medium trails to see how I like it.

Would anyone be willing to share some ideas of trails in my area that I might check out? Feel free to PM me if you prefer...

If there are gatherings I'd be interested to hear about them as well.

Thanks!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I'm in the lower NY Hudson Valley area. I'm a total novice with a Chevy Colorado looking to try some easy / medium trails to see how I like it.

Would anyone be willing to share some ideas of trails in my area that I might check out? Feel free to PM me if you prefer...

Thanks!
Welcome to OLB and the East Region! I think @EscoTerrestrial might be able to help with some potential spots for you to check out. NY is a tough one though...

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Wildcard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

West Grove, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lindsay
Member #

Hello folks, checking in from West Grove, PA in the corner of DE,MD, and PA. Curious where folks are going out around here since most of my old hiding places are now neighborhoods or commercial buildings.

Just renewed my surf fishing pass for Delaware so maybe see some of you on the beach. First weekend planned is Memorial Day!

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS

Thanks!
Where in the lower Hudson valley? I’m in Rockland County. About 45 minutes northwest of New York City

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

OB East meet? Is this the one in VA, or did I miss a post?
The East Region Spring meetup will be in NJ on April 25th-28th. We are still working out a few details but we are getting close to finalizing everything. There is a Rally Point event started for this already and it will be updated when we know more.

@Chris Jones @Wawa Skittletits

SniffnKlotz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member I

Greensburg Pennsylvania
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Cornell
Member #

Howdy from Ellicott City MD. Just learned of CAMO at local gun range yesterday when talking to a member. Would like to learn more about CAMO.
First off, that's awesome that word of mouth is spreading!

This is the link to our Facebook page where we organize: Log into Facebook | Facebook

This is an abridged "about us."

"Central Appalachain Mountain Overland, CAMO, is a gathering of like minded individuals with shared love of outdoors, camping, offroad, and exploration...And campfires with lots of icy cold brews

Our team will design two types of events:

CAMO Sanctioned Overland Style trips:
These events require large amounts of pre planning. Expect to encounter long periods of driving, potential for long distances between fuel stops, lunch on the go, varying terrain, good and bad weather, highway, tight trails, large rocks, small rocks, wild animals, wild people, bees?, mythical or legendary creatures, streams, mud, dust, road debris etc etc. These routes will be designed such that any STOCK high clearance FOUR WHEEL DRIVE vehicle running ALL TERRAIN TIRES can complete it safely.

To attend these events, you MUST have all terrain tires and at least one anchor point on your vehicle on the front, and one anchor point on the rear. You will also need a full sized spare tire. You will be responsible for reading the pre trip document and attend with the understanding that your vehicle's health is ultimately in your hands.

Day Trips:

Day Trips do not hold the guarantee of the CAMO Sanctioned events. They may be exploratory or they may take place at an offroad park.

For courtesy to the rest of the group, we ask that if you are attending a CAMO sanctioned event, your vehicle is assumed to be reliable and in good repair.

Leave no trace
No Federally Illegal Drugs
2A Friendly. Must remain in a secure vertical holster or in a locked vehicle
NO DUI"

toolsforwar

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Point Pleasant, NJ
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

Bummer I missed the OB East NJ meet up. I'm 20 mins from the pine barrens! My truck was out of commission due to a blown HG :/ but back on the road now and looking for adventures. I'm located at the jersey shore. Toms river/brick/point pleasant area.