North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I wouldn't mind that. I already set my trip for Freeman Park for the 8th and the 9th so if you could work around that please. And If anyone wants to meet out there that'll be cool

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app
I wouldn't mind meeting up with you bud while you're in town. I live here in Wilmington. I usually don't go out on Freeman park since I stopped buying the season pass and usually go out on fort Fisher now but we could get up with you while you're here still. As long as it's not the same weekend as our URE meet up I should be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Anyone looking at going to freeman park make sure you check the website. They're closing most of it for maintenance and work for the next several weeks.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Has everyone joined the southeast OB Facebook group? It would make this easier I think

Member #4197

Scottydog

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Raleigh, North Carolina
Member #

I'm in for a URE trip. It is typically my go-to trail area. Several camp "spots" along the trails and a larger open area way in the back near the lake. The camp spots at Badin Lake Campground are fairly cheap if you want some amenities.
Our usual schedule is meet at the Outpost at 9:00ish, grab a pass and hit the trails by 9:30. Have lunch along the trails and setup camp around dinner time.

I would love to join in on a group ride!

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Avoid camping on richland. Anything off trail is private property. Wouldnt risk it.
No like someone else stated it's mostly private property there but there's some good open spots near there in the psgah national Forest. If you need I could probably shoot you some locations we have used that are nice for vehicles. Just let me know and I can pm you the locations from gaia gps.

Edit: sorry noticed I replied to the replier not the original poster.

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I still haven't ran Richland Rd. I was curious if there are any good pull of spots along the trail to camp. Anyone know?

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

No like someone else stated it's mostly private property there but there's some good open spots near there in the psgah national Forest. If you need I could probably shoot you some locations we have used that are nice for vehicles. Just let me know and I can pm you the locations from gaia gps.

Adventure_InAllForms

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Tobe
Last Name
Gee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT0BEG
Hello all! New OB member here and I'm located in Charlotte, NC. I do not have Facebook, so I'm going to be relying on the Forum as a way to keep up with other members and upcoming trips.

I am a COMPLETE novice, I have zero experience once I get off the pavement. I am most interested in trips that lead to breath-taking scenery and/or amazing overlooks. Of course I would enjoy the journey along the way, but I feel I would enjoy the destination more.

I am not set up to do any kind of hard-core off-roading, as my vehicle of choice is a 2016 Jeep Patriot, 75th Anniversary Edition. I enjoy the "jack of all trades, master of none" character that it has and I feel it complements me very well.

Feel free to message me if you'd like!

DRP

Attachments