Launch Member

Contributor III

Indian Trail, NC, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Klemas
Member #

2013 stock Tacoma SR5. Planning on attending the Uwharrie offroad training class before I do any upgrades. How about you?
I'm in a stock 11 Xterra Pro4x. I live in charlotte, I was able to do the easy trail stock. I wouldn't suggest trying anything else till you get a lift kit haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

Mebane here (next to Burlington ;-) ). Finally got back to URE a couple weeks ago for the first time in about 5 years. Plan on going many more times this year....got a season pass to the place :-)

In terms of the Xterra, x2 on at least a 2" lift for there. Some may say you can do it stock, but that's only the easy trails, which there aren't many of. 2" lift will get you rubbing on frame rails sometimes. Skids & sliders will put you at ease ;-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

Awesome dude! We should get together one day to meet up ;-) I got an X buddy right near me that'd prolly be up for it too

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zombie Crawler

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

First day on the forum here. I'm in Fort Mill/Charlotte. Drive a 2012 GMC Sierra z71 . My wife's family is in Mebane off Buckhorn Rd. I'm up that way all the time.

I kayak fish all over NC/SC and live out of the truck while I'm on the road. Would love to check out some of your rigs [emoji106]
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Stewart Venable

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

First day on the forum here. I'm in Fort Mill/Charlotte. Drive a 2012 GMC Sierra z71 . My wife's family is in Mebane off Buckhorn Rd. I'm up that way all the time.

I kayak fish all over NC/SC and live out of the truck while I'm on the road. Would love to check out some of your rigs [emoji106]
My parents live in Fort Mill....Sun City, and being I'm in Mebane....wow...talk about a small world!

HMU when ya gonna be in Mebane...even if its just a couple mins and a handshake to meet, it's always cool to meet a local on here! I'll do same next time I got plans to visit mom/dad

Reactions: Stewart Venable

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum, @Stewart Venable. Nice boats! I have a Jackson Journey in that color.

Tell me about your trailer, please? My racks on the new 4Runner are pretty high!

Contributor I

Fort Mill, SC
Member #

Hi Steve. Thanks for the welcome. I use the Malone Xtralight trailer and cradles for my various kayaks. The trailer does very well for highway and light off-road travel.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I use the Malone Xtralight trailer and cradles for my various kayaks. The trailer does very well for highway and light off-road travel.
Ah, thanks! That's a LOT more affordable than the Yakima Rack and Roll Trailer. No bouncing around if lightly loaded? (I don't mean to hijack this thread.)