Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Is that at Uwharrie? That comment about long wheel guys sweating is making me nervous. I was already feeling it yesterday and you guys were saying that that was pretty easy.
No Brown Mountain is near Morganton, NC northwest of Charlotte. It is easier than Uwharrie in my opinion. There is one obstacle in particular that I was referring to but it has abypass.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: tsingson

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Well I was thinking about it and based on the amount and types of rigs we have I was thinking about our next meetup being at Brown Mountain OHV. It is for the most part wider and easier than Uwharrie, there is one section that is going to make you long wheel base guys sweat some but besides that the place is a breeze in my opinion (take that for whatever it is worth). The trails are also sandy rather than mud.

Here's is what I have so far:
-There is some great camping spots in that area. We could potentially start and meet at a campsite, setup and say our hello's.
-Then drive up Brown Mountain and have lunch at the top,
-Drive back down to camp and have a nice cookout. Whoever wants to camp can stay and those who need to go home can.

Thoughts? I was thinking the 2nd weekend of September, the 9th to be exact.
If you do it that date I can not go, but I will be doing a civil war event in the area at Wilson Creek visitors center. Stop by.

Sent from my E6810 using OB Talk mobile app

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I am hoping Dennis (Blue Xterra) is able to run again. I am hoping to be able to make some skids. Just some protection not full protection.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Oh no. Nothing happened to Dennis. He hasn't joined the forum.

They do make skids for it but they don't have access points for the maintenance. Ford takea care of the maintenance for free for the few years so I can't block all that stuff. What I was going to do was get some aluminum sheets and make some skids for slight protection. I know steel would be better but until I start doing the oil changes and the like, I have to make it easy on them.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Oh no. Nothing happened to Dennis. He hasn't joined the forum.

They do make skids for it but they don't have access points for the maintenance. Ford takea care of the maintenance for free for the few years so I can't block all that stuff. What I was going to do was get some aluminum sheets and make some skids for slight protection. I know steel would be better but until I start doing the oil changes and the like, I have to make it easy on them.
Makes sense. Hope that works out! [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Alright guys. Here it is. My first video ever. Please excuse the music that I selected. I felt that it fit the video the best. I also apologize for the Uwharrie pass in the shot. Didn't realize it slid in the shot.

Let me know what you think and be kind with the responses. I am just a beginner.:blush:

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

There is but it didn't turn out like I wanted. I need to mess with it more. This one turned out the way I had planned it. I will try to get it out there so you guys can see it. Its pretty much when we rolled out of the parking lot and started. Part 2 was about 15 minutes into the drive.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

THE NEXT MEET-UP RALLY POINT HAS BEEN SET.

I could not invite everyone directly so youll have to go check it out yourself.

let me know if you have questions or suggestions