North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I am currently planning out a trip with at least 4 rigs, around 10 people, for November 10-12 which is on veterans day to lake Jocasse and hurricane creek trail. I've never been to hurricane creek trail and I am curious about the trail itself and camping around there. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone would like to join us feel free to let me know, it'll be a fun time.

SnailBlazer

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Indian Trail, North Carolina
Member #

I am currently planning out a trip with at least 4 rigs, around 10 people, for November 10-12 which is on veterans day to lake Jocasse and hurricane creek trail. I've never been to hurricane creek trail and I am curious about the trail itself and camping around there. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone would like to join us feel free to let me know, it'll be a fun time.

I'm actually going to go do hurricane creek here soon! I'll let you know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I did Hurricane Creek rd about 2 years ago. If remember you could do it all in 2wd. I heard since then, they have regraded it? I did Yellow Gap rd. Near Hendersonville to Blue Ridge pkwy. Nice gravel rd with nice views and some nice road side camping spots along large creek. Want to get back there and camp.

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I did Hurricane Creek rd about 2 years ago. If remember you could do it all in 2wd. I heard since then, they have regraded it? I did Yellow Gap rd. Near Hendersonville to Blue Ridge pkwy. Nice gravel rd with nice views and some nice road side camping spots along large creek. Want to get back there and camp.

Thank you! Do you remember any camp spots along hurricane creek or is there camping aloud up near max patch?

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I just remember one spot that was in a small opening. There was trash, fire spot and some empty shotgun shells laying around. Looked like party spot. Saw a few guys in trucks with there dogs hunting black bear!

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

We ran Yellow Gap rd recently as well. Some great campsites along the way, but I couldn't believe how packed it was. We got there late in the day, and every camp site was taken. A place I plan to take the family back to for camping, but worried about no getting there early enough to get a spot.

Have fun on Hurricane Creek rd and at Jocassee. We love that lake.

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I just remember one spot that was in a small opening. There was trash, fire spot and some empty shotgun shells laying around. Looked like party spot. Saw a few guys in trucks with there dogs hunting black bear!

I'll be sure to bring some protection for the bears! Do you happen to know where the spot is on the trail? I saw a listing for one somewhere that said there was one right at the beginning of the trail. Just tryna figure what time to get there to get a spot. And thanks for the info. I'll be sure to bring some extra trash bags and get the whole group to clean and tidy up the place a little bit.

Reactions: SnailBlazer

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I just looked into the campsite around hurricane creek some more and I found in the ioverlander app that the site won't fit rigs which is what I was looking for since I have the RTT and 5 other rigs. Anyone have some recommendations for some decent sized pull off spots around that area for camp?

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I just looked into the campsite around hurricane creek some more and I found in the ioverlander app that the site won't fit rigs which is what I was looking for since I have the RTT and 5 other rigs. Anyone have some recommendations for some decent sized pull off spots around that area for camp?

I can only suggest Yellow Gap rd. Near Hendersonville or Brown mtn.