North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Is that a couple of hours to go through? I was just trying to get this all sorted out because I have to be back in town around 530-6. It's just under 2 hours of driving.

Yea we tend to get there around 9am or so and usually head out around 1.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I live on the South Carolina side of Charlotte. Uwharrie is a great place to test you vehicle and gear at. I am getting more into overlanding and drive a heavy modded 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2 door. I am planning to go to Uwharrie on the 8\18 to camp and do a little Wheeling on the 8/19. If anyone interested in meeting up let me know. Bill

Sent from my QTAIR7 using OB Talk mobile app

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

That sounds like fun but I won't be around on those days. It would be awesome seeing something thats really modded hit up the trails in person.

flying_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Charleston, SC
Member #

I'm hoping to make the trek from Charleston SC for this, maybe bring a few people on the fence about joining. I think we'll camp near Badin Bay for the night. Look forward to meeting you all!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: tsingson

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I'm hoping to make the trek from Charleston SC for this, maybe bring a few people on the fence about joining. I think we'll camp near Badin Bay for the night. Look forward to meeting you all!

awesome! I didn't think about inviting you guys down in the Low Country! Hope to see you there! It'll be a bit muddy but should be a good time

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I hope my truck will be able to handle it. Not much done to it other than a 3/2 lift and Hankook Dynapro ATMs. Still lookong forward to it. Question, is it $5 per rig to wheel or $5 per person?

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I hope my truck will be able to handle it. Not much done to it other than a 3/2 lift and Hankook Dynapro ATMs. Still lookong forward to it. Question, is it $5 per rig to wheel or $5 per person?
You should be fine for the most part Uwharrie is stock friendly.

Reactions: tsingson

PROJECTCUTTLEFISH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waxhaw, NC
First Name
Orlando
Last Name
Concepcion
Member #

I'm sorry I couldn't make it! Y'all have fun and be safe. Hopefully I can make the next one.

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

That was so much fun. It was great meeting everyone. I hope everyone made it home ok. Looking forward to the next one. Still trying to get my heart rate down from some of the trail. Thanks again for everyones help.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Well I was thinking about it and based on the amount and types of rigs we have I was thinking about our next meetup being at Brown Mountain OHV. It is for the most part wider and easier than Uwharrie, there is one section that is going to make you long wheel base guys sweat some but besides that the place is a breeze in my opinion (take that for whatever it is worth). The trails are also sandy rather than mud.

Here's is what I have so far:
-There is some great camping spots in that area. We could potentially start and meet at a campsite, setup and say our hello's.
-Then drive up Brown Mountain and have lunch at the top,
-Drive back down to camp and have a nice cookout. Whoever wants to camp can stay and those who need to go home can.

Thoughts? I was thinking the 2nd weekend of September, the 9th to be exact.

Reactions: GXAndy and tsingson

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Is that at Uwharrie? That comment about long wheel guys sweating is making me nervous. I was already feeling it yesterday and you guys were saying that that was pretty easy.