North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Is there anything that we need to bring if going on the drive? Or is the trail or trails we are going to be looking at driving fairly easy? Supplies, tools or things of that nature?

Directive51

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wetumpka, AL, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hoggard
Member #

I don't plan on hitting anything too hard just because I'm still ordering recovery gear atm. I just want to see what the trails are like.

Reactions: tsingson

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Is there anything that we need to bring if going on the drive? Or is the trail or trails we are going to be looking at driving fairly easy? Supplies, tools or things of that nature?
The trails range from easy to hard but bring what ever you fill you will need. If u wanna hit some of the hard I'm down to go. But I'm always pretty prepared. I leave all my gear in the rig. I haven't done the hardest yet since I don't have rock rails but my factory skids are enough for Dutch John and down on difficulty. Eldorado has free air to air back up your tires.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Well damn the first meet since I join and Ill be in Tennessee running our Rally Car lol. Hope it goes well and we can do this often always looking for more people to go out to URE with.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Well damn the first meet since I join and Ill be in Tennessee running our Rally Car lol. Hope it goes well and we can do this often always looking for more people to go out to URE with.
I'd miss Rigs & Coffee to rally too! I'm sure this is going to be the first of many!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

I have a buddy with an Xterra coming for the meet. He is not a member on here now but maybe after the meet, he will be.

Also saw that we are expecting rain this week at least in my neck of the woods. Not sure what that might do to the trails.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I have a buddy with an Xterra coming for the meet. He is not a member on here now but maybe after the meet, he will be.

Also saw that we are expecting rain this week at least in my neck of the woods. Not sure what that might do to the trails.
We have a group going to meet even if it rains, a couple of us have canopys and trail shades. You guys know how NC weather is so it may change. We will have to play the trails by ear. Make sure you RSVP on rally point.

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Anyone know a good place to camp at that's pretty secluded. I'm starting to plan a trip to overland expo east but don't want to camp on the grounds. Have been looking for camp spots just outside the Biltmore area. I've cir led some areas about where I'd like to stick to. Also if anyone would like to camp out with is that'd be fine too. Not sure if we will be on our own or if any other rigs will be coming with yet. Just starting to get ideas together.

Here's a pic of the larger area.

Here's ideally where I'd like to be.

I haven't checked giai gps yet to see if there are any camp spots listed there. Even if there are some there it's hard to say how big of a spot it is or how good of a spot it will be. I've got a few camp spots saved north east of this area but I think they are a bit far from where I'd prefer to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsingson

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

RTP, NC
Member #

Is that a couple of hours to go through? I was just trying to get this all sorted out because I have to be back in town around 530-6. It's just under 2 hours of driving.