Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I'm in Boone all the time then we head down to Wilson creek or some other remote spot there's starting to be a good bit of members with in and hour or so any one interested in having a meet and greet in June some time

kurtwp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I'll be up in Boone this weekend for the King of the Mountain Soccer Tournament. Probably won't have any time to meet any one but one never knows.

Kurt

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Any places you know of with good views to park that roof top tent?
Yes old nc 105 has some nice spots and there's a few in the Wilson creek area that are off the grid me and @16rav4_project have mapped out most of the area up there and flagged a good bit of camping spots I started using Hema maps once I get a lab top that works I'll download the maps and send them to who ever wants them but for now I can't

Reactions: kopper99

RyanN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yes old nc 105 has some nice spots and there's a few in the Wilson creek area that are off the grid me and @16rav4_project have mapped out most of the area up there and flagged a good bit of camping spots I started using Hema maps once I get a lab top that works I'll download the maps and send them to who ever wants them but for now I can't
Thanks!
I saw someone mentioned Old NC 105 on a previous page. I'm thinking about giving it a run tonight while the weather is good. Are the sites off 105 spurs from the main road or just along the road?
I've driven to Wilson Creek too but not very far. I appreciate the suggestions. I'd love to map it out or get your maps whenever you're able to get them downloaded.

kurtwp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I am thinking of running the road also. Maybe in a few weeks. We should have a meet up and run the road starting somewhere near Paddy Creek. Thoughts?

Kurt

RyanN

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am thinking of running the road also. Maybe in a few weeks. We should have a meet up and run the road starting somewhere near Paddy Creek. Thoughts?

Kurt
That would be fun. I would be coming from the North side (Boone) but depending on the day maybe I could drive down before hand and run it North with you guys and then just head back towards Boone. I would possibly be free the weekend of June 3 or 17 but not guaranteed. We have a newborn so things seem to change minute to minute :)

Reactions: Ingle939

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

Excited to be hitting the trail this weekend in uhwharrie. Again I will be going to the independent Overland trail meet and southeast Overland is sponsoring and will be having raffles. We will be meeting at 10 at the Eldorado outpost on Saturday the 27th. I hope some of the Overland bound community can meet me out there. I will be out there Friday thru Sunday just hanging out. Let me know if ya want to meet up

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Excited to be hitting the trail this weekend in uhwharrie. Again I will be going to the independent Overland trail meet and southeast Overland is sponsoring and will be having raffles. We will be meeting at 10 at the Eldorado outpost on Saturday the 27th. I hope some of the Overland bound community can meet me out there. I will be out there Friday thru Sunday just hanging out. Let me know if ya want to meet up
Already coming with my xk even thought it will be tiny compared to Will Mercers and Matt Stocum. Glad to here someone else is coming. I posted about it a while back but got no feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

Already coming with my xk even thought it will be tiny compared to Will Mercers and Matt Stocum. Glad to here someone else is coming. I posted about it a while back but got no feed back.

Oh I'm tiny too. I have the base laredo so I only have 4 hi sadly. But it'll be fun. I'll see ya out there

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oh I'm tiny too. I have the base laredo so I only have 4 hi sadly. But it'll be fun. I'll see ya out there
I'm only 2 on 32s with stock skids. It should be interesting. I want be doing anything crazy on the trails. The build is still super new. Got a lot of plans but just takes time. I look forward to seeing you there. Are you camping Friday night?

TheDarkKnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Harrisburg, NC
Member #

I'm only 2 on 32s with stock skids. It should be interesting. I want be doing anything crazy on the trails. The build is still super new. Got a lot of plans but just takes time. I look forward to seeing you there. Are you camping Friday night?

Yes sir. I'm trying to go down early Friday and find a spot by the lake if possible. My brother should be meeting me down there with his hemi swapped TJ and a buddy should be tagging along in a stock Jk. Let me know if you want to meet up with us on Friday. I'm just trying to find a good spot cause I know its gonna get busy and past couple of time I kept on getting woken up by people going out night riding.

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yes sir. I'm trying to go down early Friday and find a spot by the lake if possible. My brother should be meeting me down there with his hemi swapped TJ and a buddy should be tagging along in a stock Jk. Let me know if you want to meet up with us on Friday. I'm just trying to find a good spot cause I know its gonna get busy and past couple of time I kept on getting woken up by people going out night riding.
Will do if not I'll see you Saturday. I'm gonna try and meet up with all the xk guys. Gotta finally meet he people I talk with on Facebook all the time.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Spotted an OB member in Indian Trail, NC this weekend. I couldn't get a look at your badge number but your Yota is awesome. If you are on here I was the guy in the Mini waving like crazy. If you see and Matte black Isuzu rolling around give me a wave.

Reactions: camgunn

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Spotted an OB member in Indian Trail, NC this weekend. I couldn't get a look at your badge number but your Yota is awesome. If you are on here I was the guy in the Mini waving like crazy. If you see and Matte black Isuzu rolling around give me a wave.

Just moved from Charlotte. Used to spend a lot of time in Indian trails when I had a riced out Hinds for meets.

Reactions: NC-Trooper