New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Works for me. I'm relatively new to it so I'm still trying to find some good trails.

Check out /join ExploringNH as well. They are a good group of guys/gals that know the area and often try to do runs of varying difficulty. They do have and enforce minimum equipment lists (which I imagine you either have or close to having). I finally brought my X up to those so hopefully will be getting out more with them.
I am a member of ExploringNH but have not logged on in a couple years. I am not sure if my account is even active. I'll have to try it. BTW, I am usually in Sterling every Sunday morning. I meet my dad and we go for breakfast. My cell is 978-855-6778. I am on vacation this and next week. Hit me up if you want to meet up.

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hi to all. My name is Chris and I live and work in southern NH. I have owned several 4x4's over the years including my current new to me 2011 Wrangler JKU Sport. I have been working towards making it an even more capable off-road rig. The jeep came with many mods from the previous owner including 13000 lb winch, front and rear bumpers (not sure what they are), AEV leveling lift, not sure of the height but the lift along with the bushwacker flares has created plenty of room for larger tires. It also has a POD with 3 sets of led off-road lighting and 3 additional unused switched which I plan to use with future mods.

My mods thus far:
  • Metalcloak rear diff skid plate and evap relocation kit
  • Rubicon express oil pan skid
  • Flowmaster American Thunder high clearance cat back exhaust (I can hear the engine now!)
  • 315x70x17" Milestar Patagonia mud terrains
  • Odyssey Extreme series battery
Future mods:
  • Dynatrack Pro rock 44 front with 4.88 gearing and ARB locker
  • re-gear to 4.88 with ARB locker in the rear
  • ARB dual air compressor
  • Metalcloak 3.5" game changer lift
  • more under armor skid plates
  • move to 37" tires
In the past, I've mostly been into single day off-roading but am interested in over landing. Therefore I have been researching lots of gear for this purpose. I love to ride topless and doorless so a roof rack and roof top tent are not currently in the mix.

I'll post pics soon.

I am looking forward to meeting other OB members in the north east and all over for that matter. I have tentative plans to attend either EJS or Overland West in 2020.

Lastly for now...A big shout out to Michael for everything he does and for founding this organization. Great job! Looking forward to the new app!
Tokk and passed the Technician class HAM radio exam last evening! As soon as the License shows up in the ARRL database I can begin broadcasting again!

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
It's official. I am now a licensed HAM radio operator with a technician license. My new call sign is KC1LUC!

cisco_nh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Caiazzi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LUC
Hi Kilo Siera,

I took the test in Chelmsford, MA at a local HAM club. They meet in the basement of a local church and that is where I took the test. BTW, I registered on the ARRL site and spent about two months taking practice exams. The practice exams are the same questions you will see on the actual exam and it only takes about 10 minutes to complete. I would take 4 or 5 practice exams per night. I started out scoring in the high 60's and ended up in the high 90's to 100%. Although they do not reveal your score I pretty much aced the exam.