Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Juan , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There have been some meet ups in the DFW area and it looks like there is one in Weatherford in a couple of weeks.l Ft Worth West Meetup - Parker, Palo Pinto, Hood, Johnson, Erath, Somerville, Tarrant, Dallas, and Jack Counties - Overland Bound
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Member Reps, @Roots66 is another Member Rep based in Texas. Let us know if you have any questions.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Juan and heard of this app from an overland video I was watching. My wife and I and team of 4 dogs are excited to start out our overland experience this year. Will post up things we find and hope to use this app and connect with people in the future thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Juan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Jdmart

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Dallas, Texas, United States
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Martines
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Juan and heard of this app from an overland video I was watching. My wife and I and team of 4 dogs are excited to start out our overland experience this year. Will post up things we find and hope to use this app and connect with people in the future thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Juan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Thank you

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Juan and family!

Jdmart

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Martines
Member #

Hello Juan , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There have been some meet ups in the DFW area and it looks like there is one in Weatherford in a couple of weeks.l Ft Worth West Meetup - Parker, Palo Pinto, Hood, Johnson, Erath, Somerville, Tarrant, Dallas, and Jack Counties - Overland Bound
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Member Reps, @Roots66 is another Member Rep based in Texas. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks bud

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Juan (@Jdmart ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. You're in good company. Lots of great folks up your way to get together with.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

@Jdmart Howdy from the other thread, if you haven’t already, it’s easy to lift that kodiac tent. I built 3” risers that replace the metal base. It gives a lot more headroom.

Attachments

Reactions: Jdmart

Jdmart

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Martines
Member #

@Jdmart Howdy from the other thread, if you haven’t already, it’s easy to lift that kodiac tent. I built 3” risers that replace the metal base. It gives a lot more headroom.
What did you use for the risers I have to tilt my head when I'm inside lol standing up. I use my bed rack as a counter top

Attachments

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

@Jdmart rounded off galvanized nails captured between two 2x4s. The boards also have measurements for the distance from the end of the truck bed so I get the placement right the first time. The holes are drilled so they sandwich together for safe transport.

Attachments

Jdmart

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Martines
Member #

@Jdmart rounded off galvanized nails captured between two 2x4s. The boards also have measurements for the distance from the end of the truck bed so I get the placement right the first time. The holes are drilled so they sandwich together for safe transport.

I'm going to try this doesn't seem hard. Going on another trip in 2 weeks I'll get it done before then

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

The smaller blocks have a hole that the nail head won’t fit through but it’s a little wobbly. The wobble helps line things up

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

RMCM

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Bellevue, NE, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Esquibel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5FMF
Service Branch
USMC/USN
Greetings from the Midwest, and welcome to the crew.

Jdmart

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Martines
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Juan and heard of this app from an overland video I was watching. My wife and I and team of 4 dogs are excited to start out our overland experience this year. Will post up things we find and hope use this app and connect with people in the future thanks
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.
Thanks