US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Aleem, my name is Randy and I live in Cheyenne. I'd be interested in doing some trips with you.
Would absolutely love to do trips with you as well! waiting for spring run off to calm a little bit then we should be able to hit the area around the teller divide very soon! Sorry for the late response I thought i had replied but apparently I forgot to hit the post button. Know of any cool spots around Cheyenne our out towards Routt? definitely interested in checking out that area

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

moderate difficulty trail run up along the teller divide. would love it if y'all are able to join

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Let me know if you plan anything and I'll try and join. Preferably weekend excursions.

Cruiser_CO

Rank I

Member I

Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hey my fellow Coloradoans,

Just joined as a member today. Located up in Fort Collins and building out my recently acquired 2012 FJ TTE. I enjoy exploring NoCo / Wyo via 4x4, adventure moto, and popup camper with the kids. Don't get out nearly as much as I'd like due to the stage of life but really looking forward to getting involved with the NoCo community here on OB.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks my red TTE will have a white roof and grill so give a shout if I see you on the road/trails.

Cheers
Eric

Reactions: Iridium

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Hi all - I've been a passive member for a while but figured I'd introduce myself. I actually lived in California when I joined, but moved to Boulder, CO a couple months ago and am looking forward to exploring the amazing trails out here. So far I've enjoyed some of the short, easy trails in my immediate area (Switzerland, Oh-my-god, Winiger Ridge). I drive a 2019 JLUR. Mostly stock right now, except for a RTT. Getting a lift and 35 wheels installed in a couple weeks.

Otherwise, I'm currently planning an October trip to Utah. I'll check out the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, then take the Rimrocker Trail to Moab. Still figuring out my agenda there, but I have Canyonlands and Capitol Reef on my list. Unfortunately I'm way too late to book any of the Canyonlands backcountry campgrounds, so still figuring out my plan. Happy to meet up in case anyone else happens to be in the area at the time (Rimrocker trail 10/8-10/9, then in Utah from 10/10-10/13 or so).

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hi all - I've been a passive member for a while but figured I'd introduce myself. I actually lived in California when I joined, but moved to Boulder, CO a couple months ago and am looking forward to exploring the amazing trails out here. So far I've enjoyed some of the short, easy trails in my immediate area (Switzerland, Oh-my-god, Winiger Ridge). I drive a 2019 JLUR. Mostly stock right now, except for a RTT. Getting a lift and 35 wheels installed in a couple weeks.

Otherwise, I'm currently planning an October trip to Utah. I'll check out the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, then take the Rimrocker Trail to Moab. Still figuring out my agenda there, but I have Canyonlands and Capitol Reef on my list. Unfortunately I'm way too late to book any of the Canyonlands backcountry campgrounds, so still figuring out my plan. Happy to meet up in case anyone else happens to be in the area at the time (Rimrocker trail 10/8-10/9, then in Utah from 10/10-10/13 or so).
Welcome to the community Mirko! those JLURs are crazy capable bone stock.. If you're available there will be a trail run up in Estes this weekend. Otherwise there is a group of us that will actually be in MOAB in October as well RSVP soon if you'd like to join. Otherwise I look forward to meeting you in person some time in the near future hopefully!

Reactions: digitalhobbit

digitalhobbit

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Mirko
Last Name
Froehlich
Member #

Welcome to the community Mirko! those JLURs are crazy capable bone stock.. If you're available there will be a trail run up in Estes this weekend. Otherwise there is a group of us that will actually be in MOAB in October as well RSVP soon if you'd like to join. Otherwise I look forward to meeting you in person some time in the near future hopefully!
Thanks for the warm welcome, Aleem!

Sadly, I'll have to miss the trail run this Sunday, as I already have a family commitment (I was able to snag a RMNP reservation a while ago).

But I just signed up for the Moab trip. Looks like it's planned for the same weekend that I was already to planning to be there. Should be fun!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Wow its like a Fort Collins party in here! Hi everyone, my name is Adam, and I live in Mead, CO (near Hwy 66 and I25).

I was relatively active in some East coast OB forums a couple years ago when we lived in VA, but have been busy since then selling our house, moving to CO, starting a new job, having our first baby, and plenty of other projects around the new house. I started a BYOBreakfast monthly meetup in northern VA, which was well received as it was a lot harder to find decent trails to hit together and line up a date that worked with everyone's schedules. We started meeting the first Saturday morning of each month, and whoever could make it would show up...if you couldn't make it, you could try to make the next one. We'd use those consistently recurring meetups to chat about recent trail rides, upcoming rides, vehicle mods, and general overlanding/offroading stuff. It was nice.

We moved to CO in January this year, and I just recently started getting out with the truck a bit; a local buddy and I did Pole Hill, T33, and Johhny's Park one day, it was great! And I just got back from Overland Expo up in Loveland this past weekend, I was helping host the American Adventurist booth. Still pretty busy, but definitely want to get out and meet some other drivers in the area. Please feel free to include me when reaching out for people to join meetups, rides, trips, etc in the area!

PXL_20210806_205604713 (1).jpg
2017 Tacoma TRD Sport MT, OME Suspension, 33s, URD Stage 2 kevlar clutch + heavy flywheel, clutch accumulator delete, Pedal Commander, ECGS clamshell bearing, uniball UCAs, 4x AAL, axle shims, driveline drop, sway bar relocate, Ubolt flip + Superbumps, lots more I'm happy to chat about next meetup!

I look forward to meeting other locals!

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Welcome GeekyAdam! I was reading your post and noticed you have a Pedal Commander. I used one for a little over a year and loved it, until it went toes up on me.
If you start observing weird electronic situations, it might be your Pedal Commander (unfortunately a common issue with these).

Hope it doesn't, just FYI.

Hope to catch up with you on the trails...

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Welcome GeekyAdam! I was reading your post and noticed you have a Pedal Commander. I used one for a little over a year and loved it, until it went toes up on me.
If you start observing weird electronic situations, it might be your Pedal Commander (unfortunately a common issue with these).

Hope it doesn't, just FYI.

Hope to catch up with you on the trails...
Thanks for the heads up! I've had it for a couple months now and I love it with my manual transmission.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Wow its like a Fort Collins party in here! Hi everyone, my name is Adam, and I live in Mead, CO (near Hwy 66 and I25).

I was relatively active in some East coast OB forums a couple years ago when we lived in VA, but have been busy since then selling our house, moving to CO, starting a new job, having our first baby, and plenty of other projects around the new house. I started a BYOBreakfast monthly meetup in northern VA, which was well received as it was a lot harder to find decent trails to hit together and line up a date that worked with everyone's schedules. We started meeting the first Saturday morning of each month, and whoever could make it would show up...if you couldn't make it, you could try to make the next one. We'd use those consistently recurring meetups to chat about recent trail rides, upcoming rides, vehicle mods, and general overlanding/offroading stuff. It was nice.

We moved to CO in January this year, and I just recently started getting out with the truck a bit; a local buddy and I did Pole Hill, T33, and Johhny's Park one day, it was great! And I just got back from Overland Expo up in Loveland this past weekend, I was helping host the American Adventurist booth. Still pretty busy, but definitely want to get out and meet some other drivers in the area. Please feel free to include me when reaching out for people to join meetups, rides, trips, etc in the area!

View attachment 208454
2017 Tacoma TRD Sport MT, OME Suspension, 33s, URD Stage 2 kevlar clutch + heavy flywheel, clutch accumulator delete, Pedal Commander, ECGS clamshell bearing, uniball UCAs, 4x AAL, axle shims, driveline drop, sway bar relocate, Ubolt flip + Superbumps, lots more I'm happy to chat about next meetup!

I look forward to meeting other locals!
Welcome to the community Adam! During prime wheeling season I try to get out nearly every week not always possible of course. I'd love to have you out to join us sometime soon! I think I may have bumped to you unwittingly one of the days of expo then again it was utter madness with how much was going on.

I'm really interested to hear whay you did to relocate your sway bar I just ended up deleting mine on the Tacoma and have been pretty happy with the decision but if I could have best of both worlds I'd love to give it a go. Feel free to reach out to me whenever !

Hope to meet you in person soon. I'm planning to do a monthly rigs and coffee once I figure out a suitable venue to ride us over during the winter months.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Welcome to the community Adam! During prime wheeling season I try to get out nearly every week not always possible of course. I'd love to have you out to join us sometime soon! I think I may have bumped to you unwittingly one of the days of expo then again it was utter madness with how much was going on.

I'm really interested to hear whay you did to relocate your sway bar I just ended up deleting mine on the Tacoma and have been pretty happy with the decision but if I could have best of both worlds I'd love to give it a go. Feel free to reach out to me whenever !

Hope to meet you in person soon. I'm planning to do a monthly rigs and coffee once I figure out a suitable venue to ride us over during the winter months.
Right on. The sway bar relocate is just a spacer relocate to avoid it colliding with coils in wheel well. I still have it connected, it just sits a little different.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Right on. The sway bar relocate is just a spacer relocate to avoid it colliding with coils in wheel well. I still have it connected, it just sits a little different.
Ah I see, yea I have the stuff for that but decided to just get rid of it since it was still quite limiting, maybe one of these days I'll get around to fabricating something

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Greetings! I'm Orion and have only lived here in the Fort since June after moving up from the Springs (were only there for 9-months... wife hated it). Before that we were in Annapolis, MD but originally from Northern MN. The current weather is all too familiar but I'm still able to cope... just not as well as when we used to build snow forts, hunt, snowmobile, ice fish, etc. My wife and I have spent some time exploring CO but we've really just scratched the surface. With last summer being jacked-up with fires and 90% of the work force camping, it put a damper on our plans. I at least had the opportunity to hit the bottom 3/4 of the COBDR (it's a really great route). I've led some group trips in the past but I typically go solo or with the wife and dog.

Have a great weekend. Cheers!
What part of Minnesota? Used to live in Brainerd and Grandparents lived in Bemidji.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Hola. My name is Tom and I have been wheeling and rock crawling for over 40 years all over the Rockies. I live in Loveland, but I am working out of state for the time being. I try to be back one week a month.

Dr Gil

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Kajiki
Hola. My name is Tom and I have been wheeling and rock crawling for over 40 years all over the Rockies. I live in Loveland, but I am working out of state for the time being. I try to be back one week a month.
Hey Tom,
Welcome aboard. I'm new myself to No Co area. I live in the Timnath/FoCo area.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Welcome back to Co! I'm just off shields in FoCo, looking forward to meeting and learning from you! Feel free to hit me up if you need anything!