Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I just received a new heart, and it was extremely rough! Because my chest was cut open, it will be a long recovery, and can't even sit up front of the vehicle for months. Small bumps hurt, so I'd imagine no offroading for a long time. Sad because I planned a cool seqioua trip with my wife, my mom and her BF. Was going to be 3 jeeps and 5 dogs. Oh well, health is way more important!

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
I just received a new heart, and it was extremely rough! Because my chest was cut open, it will be a long recovery, and can't even sit up front of the vehicle for months. Small bumps hurt, so I'd imagine no offroading for a long time. Sad because I planned a cool seqioua trip with my wife, my mom and her BF. Was going to be 3 jeeps and 5 dogs. Oh well, health is way more important!
Keep with and you'll make it back out there. I my self am just getting back into the back country after a medical delay. Even small steps are victories.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Lady at work in her 50's just had open heart a few weeks ago. She's driving and may be back to work full time in October. God live her but she's no example of good health or shape. Medical advances the last 30 years are stellar. Do what you are supposed to and you will be back soon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What a gift a family has given you, I bet they would want you to get back to what you love to do, and use the gift to its fullest potential.

I am sure we will see you out there, maybe not soon but defiantly in good time. Congrats!!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I wish you a speedy recovery. You can use the meantime to plan new trips. Even if it will take some time I'm sure you'll be out and about again in some time.

Reactions: Outdoordog

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Wishing you the best on your recovery :) - It is a small price to pay ( healing with family ) to be able in a few months to go back out and enjoy the activities that feed your spirit. Be well friend, and see ya down the trail!

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I'm truly blessed.

Yeah recovery is going to be a long road.
About a month til I can drive myself, but maybe several months before I can overland.
I'll definitely have to replan my fall/winter camps.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I'm now able to get into my jeep with using a folding ladder l
I'll be able to drive in 1 week, but will be a while til I can go overland. Can't lift more than 10 lbs, so I can't lift my cases full of camp gear onto my roofrack. Still hurts to even wash my hands lol

Reactions: Advtres and Kent R

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

So sorry that surgery was even needed and that it was extremely rough Jino. Praying for a full and quick recovery for you and for grace in the difficult recovery process.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

So sorry that surgery was even needed and that it was extremely rough Jino. Praying for a full and quick recovery for you and for grace in the difficult recovery process.
My transplant team says I'm doing great and my recovery is incredible. They already reduced many meds and cut out 3 of them completely.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

My transplant team says I'm doing great and my recovery is incredible. They already reduced many meds and cut out 3 of them completely.
That’s great to hear!

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
This is why I have the Organ donor option marked on my license, phone, and in my living will. Hopefully if ever my luck runs out someone else like @Outdoordog takes my spare parts out on more adventures.

Keep trucking along and listen to those docs, RNs, Physical Therapist.

Madison

Rank I

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Madison
Last Name
Overland
I wish you a fast recovery and that you will be able to experience overlanding as soon as possible

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Going overlanding a week or so! Probably Joshua tree, really close by and weather is fair (for my wife haha).

Also found a really great spot like 10 minutes from home.

20231116_160952.jpg

Reactions: rgallant