First Name
Bill
Last Name
Porter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4WAP
Hello Fellow OB members.

This route is for anyone in and around the northern Ga Area. If you are looking for a great very Scenic ride, not to difficult but fun.. here goes.
Take a drive to Amicalola Falls State Park. Once you pull into the park there is a nice picnic area with playground at the bottom of the falls. Great parking and walking trails. Once you get finished wandering the sights there, get back in your rig and head to the top of the falls. This road is paved but steep so don't worry yet.
Here is a picture from the bottom of the falls. 3.jpg

Once you get the the top of the falls there is great views and another picnic area. A nice spillway and a wooden bridge across the falls can be found at the top.

As you are ready to leave this area continue northward and the road will turn to dirt. The is the beginning of the Nimbawill Gap loop. It starts off easy and progressively gets harder as you get to the top. Keep your eyes open as bears, deer, and hawks are seen frequently in this area. Here are 2 different maps showing the route.
2.jpg 1.jpg

This trip takes a couple of hours. The other great this about this trip is its close to Dahlonega Ga. which is a cool town with lots to see and great food.

Enjoy and be safe.

Ghost patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cumming, Ga.
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Porter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4WAP
I have not been to Bearden Falls but looks nice. I will definitely have to go see those. I have lived here all my life and been to a lot of the waterfalls in North Ga. and there is plenty to see. Thanks

Reactions: hosalabad

TheRainMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milton, GA
Member #

I did this route last weekend (Memorial Day) - really enjoyed it. Forest Service Road 77 is really nice.