Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Fun
Watch

night run to Pioneer. Hang out for some burgers and beer after!
Sounds like fun. I haven't done that trail in almost 20 years, pre- toilet building/parking lot at trailhead on 160. Seen wild horses on the West side of that valley a couple of times, different trails, NW of Goodsprings (2015), and there is a herd in the mountains East of that valley also. Unfortunately, my foot isn't healed sufficiently to make this excursion next week. Still at least 2 months away (2 surgeries, same foot-2018-2019). It has been a long process.

But,..... I will be monitoring this thread, as i am interested in how many sign up, and if it exceeds the 20 limit. That would be so great, as it would be indicative of Vegas members interest. I have been past that bar many times, but have never stopped in. Going after hours (evening) is brilliant, as you will avoid all the weekend bike clubs, and the tourists who migrate to Goodsprings during the day. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
On a side note, I notice that over the last 6 months or so, that on the LV map, most members location 'DOT', have moved and become a giant 'CLUSTER in one part of the valley now (downtown area). At the begining of the year, many more members were spread out over the city as a whole. If someone knows why, I'm sure I am not the only one to be intrigued by this.

Tom Rallis

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas NV
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Rallis
Member #

HEY BUDDY SOUND LIKE FUN BUT SORRY I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT ON THE MEET UP LOCATION AND TIME

Desert Engineer

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Las vegas, NV
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Pusko
Member #

Short notice, but I might be able to make it. I'll pick up tail for anyone who doesn't want to haul balls if I can go.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
On a side note, I notice that over the last 6 months or so, that on the LV map, most members location 'DOT', have moved and become a giant 'CLUSTER in one part of the valley now (downtown area). At the begining of the year, many more members were spread out over the city as a whole. If someone knows why, I'm sure I am not the only one to be intrigued by this.
Members locations on the map are not accurate and are a few km off for the protection of the members, hate to have a crook looking at where you live and see that your out camping for a week and you return to an empty house.....

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I live in Bullhead City and would love to attend but I need to replace both front lower ball joints and I am not getting them done today, to much to do, I know technically I am in another region but I am only across the river from you all and I love to go out so I chime in where I can LOL.

Be safe, have fun!

Jim

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Members locations on the map are not accurate and are a few km off for the protection of the members, hate to have a crook looking at where you live and see that your out camping for a week and you return to an empty house.....

Jim
Jim, I understand that. As my location is on the other side of the valley from where it shows.

I was inquiring about the members map migration from all around the valley, into mostly just 1 big cluster. This seems to have happened mostly since the beginning of the year. At that time I was also closer to my actual location, but still away from where I actually live. I understand the security issue, and agree. I guess my question is why the change from the system before......which was obscured, but had a more diverse showing of members thru out the Valley?

EDIT:
To answer my own question..........maybe,....., was this to be even more obscure, about a members location? Prior problems?, member requests?, incidents?

Last edited:

PRW3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Parke
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Had a great time everyone good to meet those who attended. Looking forward to the next run. Parke

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Had a great time everyone good to meet those who attended. Looking forward to the next run. Parke
Follow- up.....pic's.......how many locals made the trek? Inquiring minds want to know....:grinning:

Red_Rock_Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Breitenstein
Member #

It was a good turn out there where 8 rigs we had a blast . It was nice meeting everyone. Keep an eye out we will be trying to do meetups once a month . I will get a few pictures up soon

Reactions: Desert Runner