Nice deal on Scepter 5 gallon water container (not the milspec one though)

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Just stumbled upon this - ebay coupon code WELCOME5 will get you $5 off, making this water container cost you approx. $5 with free shipping. Drats, I missed it unless I order one more :)

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Small write up on it here, you have to scroll down a bit

I don't see the one you have linked anywhere in the reviews. They only talk about the Mil Spec one with the larger fill opening.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
You missed it :smileycat:. Scroll down...down...down....to a section titled "Competition"

Synopsis is this was a close tie for their budget recommendation over the Reliance Aqua-tainer. The felt this Scepter had a slightly funky/fragile pour spout and a small fill hole, but the pour spot seemed to actually pour very well (just potentially fragile).

I might paint one red and use it as a gas can.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've had a couple of those Scepter water cans for a few years. They are basically the same thing as an old red gas can. It does not have squared sides, bloats when the liquid gets hot and is annoying when trying to pour a small amount of water. I've received one spot that wasn't manufactured correctly and had holes in it, but otherwise the water can...well, it holds water and doesn't leak.

EDIT: Think I paid about $25 per can. At $10 this is a great deal!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

You missed it :smileycat:. Scroll down...down...down....to a section titled "Competition"

Synopsis is this was a close tie for their budget recommendation over the Reliance Aqua-tainer. The felt this Scepter had a slightly funky/fragile pour spout and a small fill hole, but the pour spot seemed to actually pour very well (just potentially fragile).

I might paint one red and use it as a gas can.
Found it! Thanks.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
My water containers showed up today - unexpected 2 day shipping!

I like them. Seem plenty sturdy...a little thicker than the Reliance Aqua-Tainer. No complaints for $10!!!

Reactions: KonzaLander