Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Welcome man! Central FL here! The actual geographical center of the state!

There are some great places down south, but it’s almost getting to hot and humid! Around me I’m just a few minutes from several Withlacochee tracts (Citrus, Croom) and about an hour or so from Ocala.

Every trip is a learning experience! Welcome to the group!

Reactions: Henry's Odyssey

Henry's Odyssey

Rank III

Traveler III

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
Henry
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Welcome man! Central FL here! The actual geographical center of the state!

There are some great places down south, but it’s almost getting to hot and humid! Around me I’m just a few minutes from several Withlacochee tracts (Citrus, Croom) and about an hour or so from Ocala.

Every trip is a learning experience! Welcome to the group!
Yeah, I may just use these hotter months to sure up the vehicle's dependability + get some basic mods (brake upgrade is a must for me, wheels, tires + lift) then see where we're at.

Reactions: Padams7

ric8271

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miramar, FL 33027, USA
First Name
Kenton
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Greetings All
Would love to meet up with anyone who is willing to explore Florida. I have camped in some of the state / national parks in Florida. Looking to do some Ocala National Forest camping this year. Hit me up. I’m using a Jeep gladiator as the exploration vehicle.

Exit

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
D
Greetings All
Would love to meet up with anyone who is willing to explore Florida. I have camped in some of the state / national parks in Florida. Looking to do some Ocala National Forest camping this year. Hit me up. I’m using a Jeep gladiator as the exploration vehicle.
We're coming up on summer pretty soon and I just had a kid so I probably won't be able to camp any time soon, but I'd be down to get together just to talk/share. I'm driving a GMC Canyon. My brother in-law has a Jeep Wrangler and does some overlanding as well.

J-P

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Jp
Last Name
Jerome
Member #

Greetings all,

I'm currently based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. New to overlanding and a little experienced in camping.

I'm looking forward to absorbing some knowledge from you all.

I'm in a 03 GX470
Welcome!!
Best advice would be to never go out alone especially if you dont have a winch. Do not try to impress anyone (hold my beer moments) start small and slowly work you way up, you dont need to break everything to learn of have fun. You will find what your rig is capable of and from there you will know what to upgrade.

J-P

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Montreal, QC, Canada
First Name
Jp
Last Name
Jerome
Member #

We're coming up on summer pretty soon and I just had a kid so I probably won't be able to camp any time soon, but I'd be down to get together just to talk/share. I'm driving a GMC Canyon. My brother in-law has a Jeep Wrangler and does some overlanding as well.
I own a 2016 Canyon with that little duramax engine, it is still in the evolution process but a good base for overlanding, range is great, low end power is great. Since I am high centered I had custom skid plates done by a friend (3/16 steel full width of frame), now its fun to slide on rocks knowing everything is secure! That same friend made the front bumper, added a strong winch and 2'' lift. Had tons of fun with it and will continue to do so20190728_204315.jpg
canyon.jpg
pogne bouette.jpg

Henry's Odyssey

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
Henry
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey @Exit,

I'd be up for meeting up, even just to chat and hang out.
Let's make something happen! Msg me when you're free.

I'm headed to Dade City up my Tampa this Sat (03/27/2021) for the Southeast Overlanding and Offroad expo.
If we don't do something between today and tomorrow, I'm due to be back Sun evening and happy to hang out whenever.

-BTW, It's short notice but if anyone is going, it'd be cool to meet some of you there.

P.S. Congrats on the baby btw, @Exit

Last edited:

Henry's Odyssey

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Jermaine
Last Name
Henry
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
@ric8271
I'll be away shortly till the middle of May. Dunno if you'd be up for planning a 2 day up in Ocala around that time (end of May - June).

It'll probably give me some time to discover and fix whatever else shows itself after buying a 18 year old vehicle . Fortunately it's been a few weeks and apart from an oil leak (fixed), a break upgrade and general cleaning... It's been a solid purchase.

Exit

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA
First Name
Alejandro
Last Name
D
I own a 2016 Canyon with that little duramax engine, it is still in the evolution process but a good base for overlanding, range is great, low end power is great. Since I am high centered I had custom skid plates done by a friend (3/16 steel full width of frame), now its fun to slide on rocks knowing everything is secure! That same friend made the front bumper, added a strong winch and 2'' lift. Had tons of fun with it and will continue to do soView attachment 192457
View attachment 192458
View attachment 192459
Sick!! Looks like a lot of fun. I'm not trying to do anything too hardcore with my Canyon. Its 2WD and also my daily driver so I plan to take it easy on it. My offroading won't be anything too impressive. I've got the V6 on mine, so it drives really well and can tow a good amount. I'll post a pic up soon.

Hey @Exit,

I'd be up for meeting up, even just to chat and hang out.
Let's make something happen! Msg me when you're free.

I'm headed to Dade City up my Tampa this Sat (03/27/2021) for the Southeast Overlanding and Offroad expo.
If we don't do something between today and tomorrow, I'm due to be back Sun evening and happy to hang out whenever.

-BTW, It's short notice but if anyone is going, it'd be cool to meet some of you there.

P.S. Congrats on the baby btw, @Exit
@Henry's Odyssey I'll shoot you a message. I'm a little complicated for the next 2 weeks but I'll coordinate with you.

FlJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Palm Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Stephenson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RZN
Greetings one and all, Steve here - split my time between the Tampa area and just north of Ocala.. still new to overlanding and take every chance to enjoy the trails and learn something new...