Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Moreno Valley CA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I joined the forum a few weeks ago and have even participated in some of the posts already but I thought I should introduce myself. I've been camping since I was 17 but it's all based around riding quads. I've got a few Baja trips under my belt and most state parks in California. BUT 4 wheeling in a truck is new to me. I'm excited that I can include my family in this and finally got my wife to think about this, now that she sees it's a thing. We love taking road trips but I wouldn't call us overlanders yet.

WARNING: the rest of this will be about how I got my rig...

I had a very decent job, as did my wife but due to a series of unfortunate events we both had a forced career change. Not realizing that was the best thing for our family. Working as much as we were took a toll on our little family. Now I'm self employed and my wife is home on the weekends. This change did come with some adjustments. Financially things got interesting. The lease was up on my truck and I could no longer afford to into something with a payment. I kept the wife in her car though. My uncle had a 1993 4Runner just sitting in his driveway and was gracious enough to jus give it to me! It needed work but I was up for it. It's running better and better everyday. It's finally "reliable". Now that I have stumbled across Micheal and Corrie in YouTube, I have new plans for the Runner. They're my heros. Well here it is so far. Trust me, it's come a long way...

Andy's IPhone

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

What a great gift after a rough spell. Congrats on getting it all together and moving forward! I grew up in Los Feliz but Welcome from Detroit where I am now! #californiauberalles

Reactions: AndyHernandez1

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

nice rig man!! welcome to overland bound!
Just remember everything happens for a reason mate.
ill be in riverside one weekend a month starting in july/august so if you ever wanna meet up and chat about rigs, or maybe grab food or something im always game to meet new people.

Reactions: AndyHernandez1

AndyHernandez1

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Moreno Valley CA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

nice rig man!! welcome to overland bound!
Just remember everything happens for a reason mate.
ill be in riverside one weekend a month starting in july/august so if you ever wanna meet up and chat about rigs, or maybe grab food or something im always game to meet new people.
Thanks! I'll take you up on that. I want to know more places to go trailing. Legally! Lol.

Andy's IPhone

Reactions: timberwolf_120