Jhighers

Rank 0

Contributor I

Noblesville, Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Highers
Hello, researching this new world to me. Short story I have owned camper, sold it do to being bored with local camping areas. Now looking to build my first trailer with the 4x6 Lowe’s trailer and that is about as far planning as I got. My max pull in my Jeep would be 2000lbs. So that’s about it on to many adventures and hopefully a fun starting build. I will ask a lot of ? I’m sure.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, researching this new world to me. Short story I have owned camper, sold it do to being bored with local camping areas. Now looking to build my first trailer with the 4x6 Lowe’s trailer and that is about as far planning as I got. My max pull in my Jeep would be 2000lbs. So that’s about it on to many adventures and hopefully a fun starting build. I will ask a lot of ? I’m sure.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Udt63

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Welcome! I know lot's of folks here have experience building and pulling various types of trailers. You can start a build thread and get plenty of ideas. Best of luck with the build!

Reactions: Jhighers

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Cant wait to see your trailer...

Udt63

Rank I

Contributor III

16110 Elm Drive, Charlestown, IN, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Brison
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound new from Indiana just saying hi
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Here is my trailer...M116A3 Military trailer with a fiberglass utility bed....can carry two motorcycles too....

IMG_1413.JPEG

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Welcome to the journey!

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

If you don't mind me asking. How much did you get that for and where? I've been looking at surplus trailers for a bit now.
I built it up myself....the trailer was a search online....found it on Craigslist after a few weeks of looking....same with the utility bed. I'm putting it up for sale in a few weeks if your interested let me know. My FJ keeps overheating when I pull it but my Tacoma does fine....I use the FJ for my overlanding adventures...I'm going to be asking $7000 with the RTT included $6000 without....As I continue to work on it and finish it up the price will go up...

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I built it up myself....the trailer was a search online....found it on Craigslist after a few weeks of looking....same with the utility bed. I'm putting it up for sale in a few weeks if your interested let me know. My FJ keeps overheating when I pull it but my Tacoma does fine....I use the FJ for my overlanding adventures...I'm going to be asking $7000 with the RTT included $6000 without....As I continue to work on it and finish it up the price will go up...
Thanks for the offer but I want to build one custom myself as well. Just looking for a project trailer for cheap that will possibly turn into a camper/tent utility trailer.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore