Newb from NC

• HTML tutorial

chithead

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello and Good Morning to all! Not sure where to begin with any adventurously poetic saga, but I can at least say hey, new forum member from NC. Have been interested in the Overland type rigs for quite some time (can blame Top Gear and various 4WD magazines from the 90s I remember reading in high school). We were fortunate enough to acquire a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited about 3 years ago, that really kick started my passion for the outdoors. That led to a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland about a year ago, and boy is that changing my mind on a lot of things. Really love having that comfort for daily, but with a push of a button, boom! Off in the dirt and some rocks and cruising the woods.

Would like to adventure around the country (and possibly out of it), exploring more of this wonderful world we live in. Really haven't done anything to the Grand Cherokee yet, other than a few audio upgrades. But looking at tires already, spare tire hitchgate, roof rack, radio communication, recovery items, etc. Figured this would be the perfect place to acquire some knowledge and get started!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and Good Morning to all! Not sure where to begin with any adventurously poetic saga, but I can at least say hey, new forum member from NC. Have been interested in the Overland type rigs for quite some time (can blame Top Gear and various 4WD magazines from the 90s I remember reading in high school). We were fortunate enough to acquire a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited about 3 years ago, that really kick started my passion for the outdoors. That led to a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland about a year ago, and boy is that changing my mind on a lot of things. Really love having that comfort for daily, but with a push of a button, boom! Off in the dirt and some rocks and cruising the woods.

Would like to adventure around the country (and possibly out of it), exploring more of this wonderful world we live in. Really haven't done anything to the Grand Cherokee yet, other than a few audio upgrades. But looking at tires already, spare tire hitchgate, roof rack, radio communication, recovery items, etc. Figured this would be the perfect place to acquire some knowledge and get started!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: chithead

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Welcome That jeep is to clean needs some dirt !! Lots of good people and info around hope to see ya out on the trails.

Reactions: chithead

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

chithead

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thank you friends! Unfortunately, she went to the local dealer this morning for a busted water pump. But covered by warranty!!! My wife finally gave the go ahead for her Jeep though. Picked up a Teraflex 2.5" lift, Pro Comp 7069 16x8 wheels, and a Barricade Trail Force front bumper for her JK Wrangler today. Found a guy in Mint Hill that stocks a lot of parts. Very affordable prices too!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Haas04

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lillington, NC, USA
Member #

Welcome,

New member myself and also in NC. Trying to convince my wife I “need” to add more to my 4Runner and it’s a slow process. Interested to see what you do with yours. Maybe I’ll see you at a NC meet up.

Jason

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Welcome,

New member myself and also in NC. Trying to convince my wife I “need” to add more to my 4Runner and it’s a slow process. Interested to see what you do with yours. Maybe I’ll see you at a NC meet up.

Jason
Welcome!

Be sure to check in on the 4Runner Owners Registry.