Newb from NC | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Newb from NC

Discussion in 'New Members Start Here!' started by chithead, Jan 9, 2019.

Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. chithead

chithead Rank 0

Map
    Hello and Good Morning to all! Not sure where to begin with any adventurously poetic saga, but I can at least say hey, new forum member from NC. Have been interested in the Overland type rigs for quite some time (can blame Top Gear and various 4WD magazines from the 90s I remember reading in high school). We were fortunate enough to acquire a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited about 3 years ago, that really kick started my passion for the outdoors. That led to a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland about a year ago, and boy is that changing my mind on a lot of things. Really love having that comfort for daily, but with a push of a button, boom! Off in the dirt and some rocks and cruising the woods.

Would like to adventure around the country (and possibly out of it), exploring more of this wonderful world we live in. Really haven't done anything to the Grand Cherokee yet, other than a few audio upgrades. But looking at tires already, spare tire hitchgate, roof rack, radio communication, recovery items, etc. Figured this would be the perfect place to acquire some knowledge and get started!

2. chithead

chithead Rank 0

Map
    Forgot to post pics of the Grand Cherokee Overland!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bawesomfels and Chadlyb like this.
  3. Chadlyb

Chadlyb Rank V
    Member Supporter

Member #:

Map
    Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

chithead likes this.
  4. Pappy

Pappy Rank II

Member #:

Map
    Welcome That jeep is to clean needs some dirt !! Lots of good people and info around hope to see ya out on the trails.

chithead likes this.
  5. Kent R

Kent R Executive Regional Director
    Staff Member Member Supporter

Member #:

Ham Callsign:
    K6KNT
    Map
    Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
    https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

6. RickLB

RickLB Rank II

Member #:

Map
    Welcome from SC

chithead likes this.
  7. [DO]Ron

[DO]Ron Rank IV

Member #:

Map
    Nice looking Jeepp, Welcome!

8. Mtown96

Mtown96 Rank I

Member #:

Map
    Welcome and can’t wait to see what you do. Also from NC

chithead likes this.
  9. chithead

chithead Rank 0

Map
    Thank you friends! Unfortunately, she went to the local dealer this morning for a busted water pump. But covered by warranty!!! My wife finally gave the go ahead for her Jeep though. Picked up a Teraflex 2.5" lift, Pro Comp 7069 16x8 wheels, and a Barricade Trail Force front bumper for her JK Wrangler today. Found a guy in Mint Hill that stocks a lot of parts. Very affordable prices too!

NovaBound likes this.