Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Norway, MI, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Cherney
Member #

Hey everyone, my name Dan. I live in the Northern Midwest and I’m new to here..
I’ve always dreamed of having a lifted rig, decked out for off-road purposes and I am still in the process of making that happen.
Anyway, few months ago I stumble upon the overland lifestyle and instantly knew I was on-board to the idea of vehicle camping/exploration!
I currently drive a 2011 Nissan Xterra S 4x4 and want to modify it to become my off-road traveling rig.
I am super excited to modify my vehicle with quality gear as my wallet wills me too!
Thus far I have installed a 2.5” Rough Country lift, and a lightly use Tepui (Baja Series Ultralite Kukenam 3) rooftop tent.
In the next weekend or so I plan on installing a few light bars, and rhino lining the lower 10” of my doors to protect from road salt corrosion this winter, and future rocks from my trail journeys..
After the new year I plan on upgrading my stock wheels and tires to something larger and grippier, along with suspension, skid plates, winch, and off-road front/rear bumpers.
I can’t wait to learn from everyone here, I am very new and need all the advice can get, thanks!

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Very cool! I can’t say I’ve ever seen one of those over here..
It was sold in the states as the Mitsubishi Montero until '06 - this model is the 4th generation, which debuted in 2006 after sale of the 3rd generation ended in North America. Short wheel base models, other than early 1st generation models, weren't sold in North America.

I actually own two of these. My wife drives a 4-door white Pajero.
IMG_0923.JPG

Reactions: [_BOONE_]