New to the forum

• HTML tutorial

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

Hey everyone, I didn't see a newb page, I just started a thread here.

Just wanted to say thanks and I hope to contribute as much as possible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoney126

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

Welcome, @jhill15 Where are you located, where do you like to explore, and what do you use to get you there? Welcome aboard!
Thanks Steve! I am in Charleston WV. We mainly just explore our backyard here in wv, we have alot of places around charleston and within a few hours that are exceptionally beautiful areas to travel. We have 2 kids so it makes it a little harder to overland as much as we would like. We love NC and have family there so anytime we can get out and explore there we do.

I have worn many hats when it comes to rigs, from isuzu, subaru, land rover, mitsubishi, nissan and currently have a jeep...however its a patriot so we have to utilize every space or lack there of thats available with this rig.
I recently picked this one up because the montero ltd I was using just kept crapping out on me, aka fix one thing another thing breaks lol. We bought a 2009 xterra which we returned to the dealer because it had a bad rear end. So we ended up with 2010 patriot...mainly because i was just exhausted from searching and my wife really liked it lol.

Heres a pic of how it sits now. Pretty stock at the moment but I have plans for a lift, new wheels, lighting, roof basket, and recovery.

Last edited:

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Thanks Steve! I am in Charleston WV. We mainly just explore our backyard here in wv, we have alot of places around charleston and within a few hours that are exceptionally beautiful areas to travel. We have 2 kids so it makes it a little harder to overland as much as we would like. We love NC and have family there so anytime we can get out and explore there we do.

I have worn many hats when it comes to rigs, from isuzu, subaru, land rover, mitsubishi, nissan and currently have a jeep...however its a patriot so we have to utilize every space or lack there of thats available with this rig.
I recently picked this one up because the montero ltd I was using just kept crapping out on me, aka fix one thing another thing breaks lol. We bought a 2009 xterra which we returned to the dealer because it had a bad rear end. So we ended up with 2010 patriot...mainly because i was just exhausted from searching and my wife really liked it lol.

Heres a pic of how it sits now. Pretty stock at the moment but I have plans for a lift, new wheels, lighting, roof basket, and recovery.

I too have a patriot. Currently saving up for springs to for a lift followed by some bigger tires. Do you have 4X4?

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Tell me more, I haven't heard of the moog kit. All my researching led me to King Springs, but I'd have to get them from Australia. I did a write up on the patriot forums to make sure they would work: LINK
It's a shame that there is so little aftermarket kits for the patriot even though it was such a high seller for Jeep

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

Tell me more, I haven't heard of the moog kit. All my researching led me to King Springs, but I'd have to get them from Australia. I did a write up on the patriot forums to make sure they would work: LINK
It's a shame that there is so little aftermarket kits for the patriot even though it was such a high seller for Jeep
Here ya go, it was over on the patriot
forum as well. http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292273

Yeah I agree, I wish there was more. Unfortunately these little rigs have become about as popular as they will, so any hope for more aftermarket support is probably not gonna happen.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I don't know exactly where, but I had some ancestors that were from what is now West Virginia when it was still just Virginia. :) Most of them were from just across the river in SE Ohio, though.

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

Fayetteville. He moved to Ohio and met my Mom and I was born in Ohio, but WBGV is some of the prettiest country on the planet.
We love Fayetteville! Its about and hour from us. So many places to explore right around that area.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound! Love the Jeep. Lots of potential.

Jacob_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

I keep looking at patriots as a daily driver, I changed my cars around and now this is my daily for now. (Jeep)

As you can see, the Patriot would probably be a little more suited to my massive 3 mile commute.

Does your's have the "low range"?

jhill15

Rank 0

Contributor II

I keep looking at patriots as a daily driver, I changed my cars around and now this is my daily for now. (Jeep)

As you can see, the Patriot would probably be a little more suited to my massive 3 mile commute.

Does your's have the "low range"?
I dig it, especially the trasharoo hanging on the back. I have one as well that I used to carry on the back of my montero.

I dig the patriot as a d.d. but mine doesn't have the low range offroad mode. I couldn't find on anywhere near me.

Jacob_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

That low range would be my only requirement, just to try it out in some trails. It always looks funny when you are in a group of lifted rigs and you have a stock small vehicle doing the same trails hahaha